• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Lighthouse

rbstern

Hen of Fame Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
115   0
Reaction score
Watched this last Friday night with the wife and son. Disliked it quite a bit.

It was artsy, violent, gross, black and white (literally), square (literally), and a blending of drama / horror / fairy tale, set on a lighthouse island of the coast of Massachusetts in the 1890s. An era and locale that doesn't get a lot of film subject interest. Most movies set in the 1890s are westerns.

The critics gush over it; perhaps it deserves credit for being different. I found myself nodding off at times. It's an ugly, bleak looking movie about people without redeeming qualites.

Watched this last Friday night with the wife and son. Disliked it quite a bit.

It was artsy, violent, gross, black and white (literally), square (literally), and a blending of drama / horror / fairy tale, set on a lighthouse island of the coast of Massachusetts in the 1890s. An era and locale that doesn't get a lot of film subject interest. Most movies set in the 1890s are westerns.

The critics gush over it; perhaps it deserves credit for being different. I found myself nodding off at times. It's an ugly, bleak looking movie about people without redeeming qualites.
My wife and I watched that last week thinking it would be a good suspense or horror film, it absolutely SUCKED. That was one weird ass movie and I usually like Willen Dafoe movies. Smdh....

Back
Top Bottom