• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The "malfunction inducing" stick

load a round in backwards somewhere mid-mag. That'll cause all sorts of fun, from rounds immediately above double feeding to all sorts of awesomeness when the reversed round tries to feed...

load a round in backwards somewhere mid-mag. That'll cause all sorts of fun, from rounds immediately above double feeding to all sorts of awesomeness when the reversed round tries to feed...

couldn't this be dangerous? Primer somehow whacks the feedramp has the bolt drives it forward or the tip of another bullet flipping around in the madness..

I once had a empty case stick in the chamber while in a combat zone, I ****ed with it for about a half a second then I picked up another weapon.

couldn't this be dangerous? Primer somehow whacks the feedramp has the bolt drives it forward or the tip of another bullet flipping around in the madness..

I don't see any way, realistically, that it could be dangerous. I wouldn't try to fire the backwards round afterward though.....the bullet usually slams pretty far into the neck.

If you were really worried about it, you could use a spent casing and load that backwards.

I've been flipping rounds backwards in folks' mags for years with no issues. Did it yesterday during the "reaction to vehicle ambush" portion of a carbine course I taught. No worries.

spavent, the Combat Carbine Teamwork Course last Saturday went great. Perfect weather and great folks!

I'll be teaching a carbine course in November, probably with lowlight added to it.

Back
Top Bottom