• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Man in the High Castle ?

I read the book, and then watched the first season. The show took a lot of liberties with the book (normal, really) and otherwise seemed excessively drawn out. One main disappointment for me was that aside from the first scene there is no major portrayal of resistance by the American people. Honestly, I’m not sure it was worth the time spent, which was why I didn’t bother watching more after the first season ended.

I read the book, and then watched the first season. The show took a lot of liberties with the book (normal, really) and otherwise seemed excessively drawn out. One main disappointment for me was that aside from the first scene there is no major portrayal of resistance by the American people. Honestly, I’m not sure it was worth the time spent, which was why I didn’t bother watching more after the first season ended.
You really need to watch beyond the first season. Season 2 and 3 are amazing. Fixing to dive into season 4

I liked it. I had not read the book and just let the story pull me along - which was good because it did not head into the directions I thought it might...The premise was interesting and they flesh it out well. Everything about the production values are first rate...I give it a thumbs up...

Edited to add:

One of the things I like about good science fiction, which this is, is the author's ability to use a different and perhaps unexpected lens to look at some aspects of society today. Whether it's fascism, the cult of personality, great power relationships, or simply the day to day interplay or relationships of ordinary people thrust into extraordinary circumstances, it needs to be viewed on multiple levels. When you look deeper, this one has a richness which I find resonates with me. Your mileage may vary GeauxLSU GeauxLSU ...but I did like it a lot...

Yeah, we watch it. Took a bit to get into and understand the premise, but now we’re hooked.
On a side note, we’re almost through our second binge of Justified on Amazon Prime. Really love that show.

Back
Top Bottom