• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The MEGA ARMS picture and discussion thread. >POST EM UP!<

Ive got some consecutive serial number Mega Gator lowers that I bought about 10 years ago, I did buy some stripped uppers but I wish I would have bought one for each lower. They do look good together
I wish I’d picked up one or two more uppers and lowers too before they all disappeared.

Are your lowers marked “Mega Arms” or “Mega Machine Shop”?

Mega Machine Shop Inc Tumwater Wa, The serials are in the early 3000 s
Nice! I haven’t seen any with those markings in a lot of years. That’s why I had to ask when you said you got them 10 years ago.

They’ve been marked “Mega Arms LLC, Centralia WA. USA” for a long time now.

Yours are definitely hard to find now!

I may have a spare Mega AR15 upper. I bought several matched billet upper/ambi lower combos a while back, and I'm now considering putting one of the lowers on a new 22" Cross Machine and Tool .224 Valkyrie upper. It is amazing how well the CMT billet upper matches the MEGA Arms billet lower design. My original plan was to use the CMT barrel, CMT 15" HDX M-Lok rail, CMT muzzle brake, and CMT BCG with the Mega upper/lower, but after seeing how well they mate, might just use the complete CMT upper.

Image below is the Mega billet lower on the CMT billet upper. Lines look pretty good to me.
CMT_Upper_MEGA_Lower4.jpg

CMT again, on the Mega lower, opposite side, showing port cover and BCG markings. Again, lines seem to work well, with nothing standing out as being an obvious mis-match of designs.
CMT_Upper_MEGA_Lower3.jpg

MEGA upper and lower below. Good lines and GREAT fit, as with the CMT.
MEGA_Upper_MEGA_Lower1.jpg

This last picture shows three stock images of the CMT upper, with one pic on the right that I took of the barrel and muzzle brake markings.
CMT_224_images.png

BangBang BangBang , fast306stang fast306stang - Would this CMT upper on a MEGA lower knock me out of the Mega Fan Club?

I may have a spare Mega AR15 upper. I bought several matched billet upper/ambi lower combos a while back, and I'm now considering putting one of the lowers on a new 22" Cross Machine and Tool .224 Valkyrie upper. It is amazing how well the CMT billet upper matches the MEGA Arms billet lower design. My original plan was to use the CMT barrel, CMT 15" HDX M-Lok rail, CMT muzzle brake, and CMT BCG with the Mega upper/lower, but after seeing how well they mate, might just use the complete CMT upper.

Image below is the Mega billet lower on the CMT billet upper. Lines look pretty good to me.
View attachment 1741864

CMT again, on the Mega lower, opposite side, showing port cover and BCG markings. Again, lines seem to work well, with nothing standing out as being an obvious mis-match of designs.
View attachment 1741865

MEGA upper and lower below. Good lines and GREAT fit, as with the CMT.
View attachment 1741866

This last picture shows three stock images of the CMT upper, with one pic on the right that I took of the barrel and muzzle brake markings.
View attachment 1741869

BangBang BangBang , fast306stang fast306stang - Would this CMT upper on a MEGA lower knock me out of the Mega Fan Club?

HA! BangBang BangBang is the club president, you'll have to ask him!

How well does the CMT match where the buffer tube threads in? This is usually where I see the worst mismatch, even if everything else looks good.

Back
Top Bottom