• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The MEGA ARMS picture and discussion thread. >POST EM UP!<

Pic of the 5.56 and 7.62 parts used in the Colt M.A.R.C 901

You can see the difference in the buffer lengths and the difference in the springs.

13769DA0-E9E8-4E8E-ADC9-369FC6C7ACE2.jpeg

Holy crap! They think a lot of that thing don’t they? I’ve never priced them!

Hey wait a minute, how did this turn into a COLT thread?!

The high priest of the “Colt Cult” must have cast an evil spell on this thread or something!!!

View attachment 1500309

Well first YOU started talking about them, then YOU started posting pics of them! Come to the dark side, young Jedi...

BangBang BangBang - on the light primer strikes, it was early on the first mag. I am thinking it just needed a little break-in time and some movement of the springs. I actually was shooting all 3 of my 308's so I put the MATEN down, and moved to two other rifles to sight in two new scopes. Later, I swapped the 2.5" short buffer from my Troy into the MATEN, loaded a couple of fresh mags and fired another 30+ rounds with no issues. Today, I installed the correct buffer (2.5" and 3.8 ounces), took time to stake the castle nut (always wait until after a few test rounds before staking), then added a set of Troy 45 degree offset battlesights. Depending on the weather this next weekend, I hope to do a little more "research" to determine if the offset Troys stay or go. Now, I have 3 Mega Arms AR-15s to work on... have all the parts and pieces so I just have to make some more time to "get er done".

BangBang BangBang - on the light primer strikes, it was early on the first mag. I am thinking it just needed a little break-in time and some movement of the springs. I actually was shooting all 3 of my 308's so I put the MATEN down, and moved to two other rifles to sight in two new scopes. Later, I swapped the 2.5" short buffer from my Troy into the MATEN, loaded a couple of fresh mags and fired another 30+ rounds with no issues. Today, I installed the correct buffer (2.5" and 3.8 ounces), took time to stake the castle nut (always wait until after a few test rounds before staking), then added a set of Troy 45 degree offset battlesights. Depending on the weather this next weekend, I hope to do a little more "research" to determine if the offset Troys stay or go. Now, I have 3 Mega Arms AR-15s to work on... have all the parts and pieces so I just have to make some more time to "get er done".
Dang you’re going to be BUSY!

Are all your AR15’s going to be in 5.56 or are you planning on doing different calibers?

Are all your AR15’s going to be in 5.56 or are you planning on doing different calibers?

I have a mix in the "AR15" platform, in both rifles and pistols, in 762 x 39, 223/556, and 300 blackouts, but who's counting, right? To be totally honest, when I retire, I would really like to pursue a shooter's hangout/range, and maybe an FFL store front, all on property I already own in Alabama. The way I figure it, if I already have the land and building, and a substantial inventory on hand and paid for, it sure would make it easier to be profitable without pulling out retirement funds or borrowing from the bank. On the other hand, I may just sit on my "personal assets" and see what the next few years brings, both from an economic recovery standpoint and from a change in "political views".

For the 3 Mega Arms specifically, I am planning on a 11.5 pistol (barrel and accoutrements from a Sig M400 PDW), another 16" rifle (also from a spare Sig M400), and an 18" rifle (thanks to @Wallace's and his hammer forged 18" FN barrel). Have all the parts/pieces ready for the builds but my time and other obligations are holding me up just a little.

These pics didn’t really turn out too great, but I’ll post them up anyway.

Mega Arms 18” .308 barrel

It came well packaged wrapped in a foam sheet inside a heavy cardboard tube.

E43F6F56-3A85-4C99-BF85-E02CD9D457D3.jpeg
7442BF4F-8FD7-4979-AEB9-F6DA7D8A0152.jpeg
29457C6A-4522-442B-B1EE-C03FA25FB670.jpeg
71AC5F89-F19F-4496-9160-119130DF9959.jpeg
F22D9E66-36AB-46A4-8767-10A3E3733880.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom