• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Monos Are Moving to Denver

If Atlanta had mountains it would be a big ski destination too. Same weather.

whip rock.jpg
:)

Private sale BG checks suck, I may have to run a fire sale on a few pistols here before I go to thin the herd. I have a few nice Berettas I don't shoot all that often.

I have several drums and many many pmags. Also many pistol mags with a higher capacity then 15 but they all should be grandfathered. If I do go armed into Denver I will keep it to 15 or less and just stack em.

"Technically" nothing is grandfathered for you. Had to be in Colorado when the law was passed. But I won't go into that..

Yeah the BG check are a pain. Per the "law" dealers are only supposed to charge you $10 (may be $7 now) for a transfer (+$10 to the state) but almost none of them follow that, a few do but most don't. You get some dealers that just won't do the transfer period, or charge $20-$50 which makes private transfers not worth the trouble (mission accomplished for the liberals).
I know everyone will say F that and ignore the law but the truth is no one wants to go to jail so they follow it.

They also just passed a "red flag" law which goes into effect Jan 1st I believe?

Like stated, AR "mag kits" are pretty easy to come by. If you have something a other then a AR/AK you might want to stock up on those mags because those are what is hard to find. You have friends back here so probably not a big concern for you, you can get a care package mailed out to you.

I fully expect more anti gun laws to come out there. They are just waiting for a tragedy of opportunity to push them. There is nothing stopping them at this point. The have the numbers, they have the votes.

We had a couple recalls like mentioned and thought that may have scared them but the truth is a few months later the next election cycle came around and anti gun liberals were voted right back in. All of that for nothing in the end.
We also had the majority of the Sheriffs in the state file a lawsuit against the mag law. You would think that would speak volumes but it was a circus show in the end. The liberals just completely ignored it and and said have a nice day.

Tough decisions to be making. Weigh out your options and best of luck to you and the family. I visit the Denver area once ever few years with work and it is beautiful there and there are tons of things to do, so it could be fun if that is the choice you make.

Good luck!

Denver VS Lousy-Anna. Denver would be my CHOISE too.
30 years ago Mrs imawoodsman had the opportunity to transfer offices.
We moved, never regretted our move. And have made a GOOD life in GA.
We took a chance & a LEAP of Faith so to speak. It worked out & we have enjoyed our
life in Ga.
Go for it brother !!!! Enjoy & embrace the next chapter the Monos family's life.
Best of luck in whatever decision you make!!

Denver VS Lousy-Anna. Denver would be my CHOISE too.
30 years ago Mrs imawoodsman had the opportunity to transfer offices.
We moved, never regretted our move. And have made a GOOD life in GA.
We took a chance & a LEAP of Faith so to speak. It worked out & we have enjoyed our
life in Ga.
Go for it brother !!!! Enjoy & embrace the next chapter the Monos family's life.
Best of luck in whatever decision you make!!

LA too.jpg

Ummmmmm, No Thanks....

I had to do the same 40 years ago. Left all the family back in Florida and came to Georgia. Swore I would return one day. Didn't happen. We established ourselves and thrived. Good luck!!!
Only problem with Georgia is it's too close to Atlanta.

^Yep. We had an extremely good move package from my employer when we went out there but a lot of hidden costs come up that you never think of. The ridiculous vehicle registration fees for instance (we had 2 cars and 2 motorcycles, talk about sticker shock).

Some other things to consider... Be mindful of your housing budget, stay under what you think you can afford because I guarantee you your insurance and property taxes will climb significantly every year.
A lot of people out there are getting screwed because the state/counties are re-assessing property values every year so your taxes keep going up and up. They buy a home at the top of their budget then the next year it gets re-assessed at a significant higher value causing the taxes to go up. Then the next year it goes up again. Pretty soon that $350K house you bought you are paying taxes on a $450K house. Good for re-sale of course but not if you are staying in it.

Heck man... they're doing that here in Forsyth county

Back
Top Bottom