• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Monos Are Moving to Denver

Put a contract on a house yesterday, moving in 3-4 weeks....

Chits bout ta get real, yo.....

Here is our front door. Y'all are welcome to visit if y'all can find me.

View attachment 2277966

LOVE the pink swing! :pound:
If it were me I would need to "beef up" those chains! :boink:
Congrats on finding the new homestead! :thumb:

Yeah, that's on the list......The swing is actually red but the lighting was early morning.

Cool... keep telling yourself that.... :pound:
I used to ride the "reddish pig" on the monorail at Rich's.
reddish pig.jpg

Denver is kind of spotty in some places, but the country around there is beautiful.

Housing prices are jacked up since all the CA refugees have been running up property values, but it's probably no worse than the metro-ATL area as a whole. Not like moving to NYC or San Fran would be.

It sounds like you are pretty attached to your company, but depending on the industry unemployment in the ATL area is right around zero. It may be worth it to just take severance and find another company around here. That 30 weeks gives you a lot of time to look for something perfect, rather than settling for whatever's next.

If you do go, dump all your mags that are more than 15 rounds... and be prepared for lots of gun control drama. It really is a refuge for the CA refugees, and not the good ones.

EDIT: Also, have you done Winter? Not Atlanta 'winter' but a winter with snowpack (if you have to ask you haven't), months of sub-freezing temps, and not having 'it's snowing' as an excuse to miss work?

You're at the foothills of the Rockies there, and real winter starts around October and ends roughly in May. If you buy a house factor in roughly $1000 right off the bat for snow equipment or a plowing service.

Not trying to dissuade you... but if you've never had to deal with a full-on winter season you will need to factor that into your plans.

LOL They had a snowstorm in June this year. Yuck.

It was sunny in Denver this week and a dry comfortable low 80's at peak heat all week. Humidity MAYBE 40%.....MAYBE.....

I just stepped out of the airport here in ATL to 98 degrees and 95% humidity. Oh, and there are no Starbuds in ATL, yet...
If you haven't been to Estes Park (just above Denver) , Man it's nice . I'd move there tomorrow if i could.

Was just there yesterday....

View attachment 2278555
Strange place to find the best pizza I ever had but at the end of the strip down town there was a deepdish pizza place that was off the chain. We were there the week of Thanksgiving 2008 , prob a lot changed. Had elk,mule deer (i think), and black tails herding in the yard every day....it was Awesome. We may be neighbors one day?

Back
Top Bottom