• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Monos Are Moving to Denver

Tres Monos….Have friends in the Centennial area of Denver, let me know if I can help with housing, relocation, anything else. They are retired, so not active like real estate sales people. I have spent some time there and it is OK, but pretty much like every other large city with its problems. I was there for a couple winters, wanted to see if the locals really could drive on the snow.....NOPE....they were pathetic. Apparently they thought if they bought a Jeep or anything with 4 wheel drive, they could do anything. Lots of them in the medians of the interstates, some on their roofs.

The creeping liberalism would veto it for me. All the Cali types who ****ed up that state are now trying to **** up Colorado.

Age 59, I would look at doing some consulting work rather than a traditional job. Pays better and if the spouse has a job that provides group insurance for the family you are golden. I got "downsized" from a traditional job in Atl at about age 50, went into consulting for another 15 years and never looked back. Allowed me to form my own one man consulting company....LLC....and salt away a bunch of money for retirement. In hindsight, the best thing that happened to me.

Let me know if I can help.

Unfortunately, most of those "locals" are not actually from here... and you're right, they've can't drive sun/rain/snow.

Had to look him up. Can't say this quote gave the best impression.
"Whatever the killer used, that’s what they want,” Bernstein, 71, said of his customers. “They want to feel the firepower. They want to have the gun just like that to show people.”

His wife was killed by a smoke bomb????

That's what they claim. I heard it was a bit more pyrotechnical and one report was they blew up or shot an oxygen cylinder and it nailed her.

He also has a bad rep in the MC community that he was once a part of. Quite the scheister as I understand it from people who know him well. There's a regular on the COAR15 board that has quite a few personal stories about him from back east.

He's such an ass his own kids/family sued him.

At 59 I think you are making the right decision. Ageism is a very real thing unless you have some kind of super skillset and then the age thing may not be as heavily weighed against you.

What I find interesting is there's a local here that is around the same age (perhaps 60 now?) that also worked for CL and got RIF'd (carrier gear tech). Took him about a year to find equivalent work with L3. Or perhaps it was the other way around... His age was certainly a factor.

I'm in a similar boat. If i lost my good paying job and had to go contract work I could probably survive, but it would put a serious dent in our finances and my planned (semi) retirement. I intend to take one contract work for my unique skill set even after I'm able to draw down on my retirement.

Hmmm, lots of AK's on the wall not for sale... Bigger store?

No idea.

Firing Line is in Aurora.

Machine Gun Tours is in Lakewood west of Denver.

5280 is WNW of Denver.

I was thinking it's 5280....

maxresdefault_live.jpg

Back
Top Bottom