• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Monos Are Moving to Denver

Moving expenses provided by an employer have been considered "taxable income" for a long time. I moved to GA from IL in Jan 1988, company paid for moving company, and it was included with my salary on my W-2 for 1988. If you have to pay for the move yourself, it is deductible, but the way the tax code is set up only about 20% is actually deductible....has an affect on what you owe/pay.

Tres....is your wife working now in GA? Does she have, or have access to a decent health insurance plan? If so, strongly consider staying put and doing contract work here in GA. Much less hassle, and you will have your severance $$$$$$ to soften the blow.

Tres....is your wife working now in GA? Does she have, or have access to a decent health insurance plan? If so, strongly consider staying put and doing contract work here in GA. Much less hassle, and you will have your severance $$$$$$ to soften the blow.
She works for a non-profit pet rescue. It's rewarding for her but she not making a lot of money and it comes with no insurance or vacation days. COBRA is not even close to an option for us.

My accountant is pretty good....she will milk Uncle Sugar for all she can get.

Move from AK to GA cost me ~10K+ in 2011, after all was said in done. Shipped only 1 car.
Sold my 2008 Kia in AK and bought new van in GA, I am not including that cost.

Move from AK to GA cost me ~10K+ in 2011, after all was said in done. Shipped only 1 car.
Sold my 2008 Kia in AK and bought new van in GA, I am not including that cost.

I thought you traded pelts for your van. :confused:
There I go thinking again... :)

I miss Dr. Monos already.:(

I shared your long PMs with the wife over coffee this morning. Thanks for the information. Most we expected but the vehicle registration and fees was a surprise. We just both bought newer cars in the last year and paid the GD GA TAFT tax on them here....now we will be taxed again on them. That really sux.

Private sale BG checks suck, I may have to run a fire sale on a few pistols here before I go to thin the herd. I have a few nice Berettas I don't shoot all that often.

I have several drums and many many pmags. Also many pistol mags with a higher capacity then 15 but they all should be grandfathered. If I do go armed into Denver I will keep it to 15 or less and just stack em.

There's no "sales tax" if you've already paid that, but the "personal property tax" is, as has been stated, an annual thing on a diminishing scale. We paid $1,200 first year on a new 2018 RV that was 56K list. My 2004 truck was still $180.

Just to be clear. Technically you had to be a Colorado resident prior to July 2013 for the mag grandfathering, but like I said. Nobody f*kn cares.

Back
Top Bottom