• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Mother-In-Law Long read, get a drink...for me.

I really can’t and don’t want to imagine your situation. You could start doing crazy stuff that makes no sense, dig ditches across driveway to divert rain ( like a foot or so deep) cut off breakers to all appliances , replace bulbs with 10 watts , disconnect speakers on tv. Put itching powder in their bed. I m sure there’s much more , that’s what comes to mind off the top of my head. Oh yeah houses are cheaper in Alabama at least off the beaten path :)

I really can’t and don’t want to imagine your situation. You could start doing crazy stuff that makes no sense, dig ditches across driveway to divert rain ( like a foot or so deep) cut off breakers to all appliances , replace bulbs with 10 watts , disconnect speakers on tv. Put itching powder in their bed. I m sure there’s much more , that’s what comes to mind off the top of my head. Oh yeah houses are cheaper in Alabama at least off the beaten path :)
This Brother has a very nice way of thinking ... I love it... lol...

"We Support That..!"
1638636614672.gif

Had the same problem with my first MIL, only she was an old hippie and a rabid liberal. I lasted 2 days before I was ready strangle her.

I ended up finding animal sound files, rabbit getting killed, foxes fighting, cats ****ing, etc, all about 1 to 3 minutes long, keep them random. Then hid a speaker in the flower bed outside her window and hooked it to an old laptop I used in my shop. Then I set up alarms to go off every 20 to 40 minutes apart, random, starting at 1 am to 6 am on the week nights and changed order they played and times every night. Random, She lasted a week

Had the same problem with my first MIL, only she was an old hippie and a rabid liberal. I lasted 2 days before I was ready strangle her.

I ended up finding animal sound files, rabbit getting killed, foxes fighting, cats ****ing, etc, all about 1 to 3 minutes long, keep them random. Then hid a speaker in the flower bed outside her window and hooked it to an old laptop I used in my shop. Then I set up alarms to go off every 20 to 40 minutes apart, random, starting at 1 am to 6 am on the week nights and changed order they played and times every night. Random, She lasted a week
I approve this post, with the same post at #13... lol

Family is tough. You won't win this war without your wife on your side. You'll need to get your wife to agree to a maximum amount of time you will let the in-laws be on the property.

Once you establish that, and put it in writing, and make sure everybody has a buy in, and a signature, including your wife.

Establish it in writing and make a contract. It's almost impossible to evict without a contract. Establish a minimum monthly 'rent' (say $100 just to cover utilities) with a provision that the rent doubles at the date your wife agrees to and the rent doubles every month, monthly every month beyond that month.

You could even put in a clause for payment for property damages and establish 'quiet hours'.

At least you'd know you'd have the legal ability to end this at some point in the future.

It would be worthwhile to pay to get a lawyer to look it over

It's the little things she is doing, which maybe unintentional..maybe not. Like repalcing my half eaten jar of apricot jelly with damn generic Aldi brand crap. filling the refrigrator and cabinent with jars of F#$&ing mayonaise. I hate mayonaise worse then democrats..thank god they are not democrats.

Back
Top Bottom