• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The NC House Passes a Bill to Ban "Squatted" Trucks

Whew.... now THAT would be a hard one to pick. Most idiotic trend in the last 55 years? Dang.....
If we eliminate worshipping the mentally ill, I'm going to have to still go with wearing your pants hanging off your rear end. That one apparently has had staying power yet is still a head shaker.
If we're talking automotive only, coffee can mufflers on econo boxes making racket and going no where always gives a chuckle.
Last time I was in a muffler shop a kid was in having a coffee can installed on his F150 OBS. When he left, roaring down the street the mechanics in the bay were all laughing and one said, "Oh yeah, he'll be back." (meaning he'll be back to have it removed, LOL)

It's about time...lol.

Legislators in North Carolina have set their sights on a controversial automotive trend growing in popularity...the "Carolina Squat". A bill passed by the state's House of Representatives and sent to its Senate would modify the vehicle code to specifically ban suspension modifications that both raise the front-end of the vehicle and lower the rear—the key signature of a squatted truck.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/40913/north-carolina-considering-bill-to-ban-squatted-trucks

Squat-Hero-2.jpg
When you want to confuse the idiots and keep them unaware of what you're really doing, enact doofus laws like this to keep the sheep occupied.

Last time I was in a muffler shop a kid was in having a coffee can installed on his F150 OBS. When he left, roaring down the street the mechanics in the bay were all laughing and one said, "Oh yeah, he'll be back." (meaning he'll be back to have it removed, LOL)

My personal favorite was making your car backfire by cutting the ignition off, patting the gas a few times, then cutting the ignition back on. Boooooom! My friend and me did this quite a few times scaring the hell out of ol ladies and whom ever was in our path. Not understanding the repercussions of his actions to the exhaust system, needless to say we were at the muffler shop next morm. Took the money out of pocket for partying the weekend. :behindsofa::car:

Only reason would be because of headlights - why not just say you cant drive it at night. I hate any restrictions on hobbies - even if it is ugly as hell.

My personal favorite was making your car backfire by cutting the ignition off, patting the gas a few times, then cutting the ignition back on. Boooooom! My friend and me did this quite a few times scaring the hell out of ol ladies and whom ever was in our path. Not understanding the repercussions of his actions to the exhaust system, needless to say we were at the muffler shop next morm. Took the money out of pocket for partying the weekend. :behindsofa::car:
Ha!.......they started putting gas feed jet solenoids on lawnmowers to keep that very thing (backfires) from happening. I hate them because the way they're built, their little rubber seals inside wear out and the seal gets loose and they invariably leak gas....it sucks...

Back
Top Bottom