• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The never ending Pass or shoot phenomenon

Zforzachariah14

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
5   0
Reaction score
Little background story.. This buck is going on his 4th year. The past 2 years he has been a 6pt. This year he finally grew a 7th point but its nothing to rant about. I know its the same deer because he has a white streak up his back hindquarter...He has grown a little taller but his spread hasn't changed since last year. We let him walk on 5 different occasions last year hoping he was going to really add some bone this year. Since he is 4 and supposed to be almost at his peak, I think this year I am going to take him out of the gene pool.

Attachments

• IMG_0646.pdf
    618.3 KB · Views: 228
If he had good body mass, I'd shoot him.
But I'm in it for the venison, not a wall hanger.

Had a nice wide 7 point 3 years ago I passed on at least 15 times that season. I knew there was a 150 class on the property and hunted him hard. (Never did get a shot at it)

The Last week of the season the 7 point showed up again under me. It was almost as if he was following me around. Weirdest thing. Never have had a deer show up that often at multiple stand locations.

He didn't make it until the next season. :-)
Finally dropped him that last time.

I'd kill him. He's at his peak or near enough to it.
I have a tall 3x3 on my hit list this year. No brows. He's at least 3.5. I'm not gonna wait another season on him. There's another just like him that's a 2.5. He's spreading those genes around and it's gonna come to an end this year.

There's the big 6. He's at least 3.5 years old. We have a smaller version of him running around too.
image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom