• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The NFL Suffers Worst Ratings in Super Bowl History

Not a huge NFL fan, although I have watched more this year than in years past.....

Let's see,
The ODT Mayan Dec 21, 2012 Calendar end of the world
or
The ODT Sept 2015 Economic Collapse
or
The ODT 2018 demise of the NFL

I wonder which one will happen first :lol:

Let's not forget about Obama declaring martial law in 2016 and refusing to leave office.

Low ratings for the Felon Bowl!!
There may be several reasons for their poor ratings. But not keeping politics out of the game is a big one, and they have control over that one. The Left destroys everything they touch. The advertisement $$ was stalling for the Felon Bowl. I wonder how much companies will want to shave off of the price next year.

Still the most-watched television event in the country, and still more viewers than any Super Bowl prior to 2010. This year saw a 3% drop in viewers over last year. I couldn't care less about the NFL, but the idea that fans are abandoning the sport in droves based on trend of a few years is misinformed. Just as an example, from '86 to '90 there was 21% drop in viewership of the Super Bowl, and doom and gloom was forecast; surely the league had peaked!! Yet here we are in 2019, and the NFL is posting higher revenues than ever. Gonna take quite a while for it to go away, if it actually does--my bet is that the game will be changed and "enhanced," and it will continue to be a major draw on TV. Might finally gain a foothold overseas, too, if it can be suitably packaged.

I have no idea what the difference is between a safety and a touchback, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Back
Top Bottom