• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The NRA sucks

Filing an amicus brief tagging along on someone else's lawsuit when it looks as though the plaintiff might win isn't defending the Second. And when was the last time a winning congressman was publicly thankful for any NRA support during their campaign? The last politician to give lip service to the Elmer's at the NRA was Trump. We've seen how that douche bag is "defending" the Second and "ending" the 8 year assault on our rights. LOFL.

I bet he has ''Big Dog'' undies on!
1601-8580-001b_1.jpg

Just curious... How many folks sent letters or called their reps asking that they push things like the HPA forward?

Or is it the NRA's job to do that for us too?

A lot of folks seem to be doing the same thing as the anti-gunners... conflating the NRA-ILA, NRA-PVF and the NRA all together.

None of the money for memberships goes into the NRA-ILA, which is the lobbying side of things. It can't and if it did people would go to jail.

The NRA itself is still the same organization it always was. They do a ton of good things for the gun owners of the US and deserve our support (or at least the $35 membership fee) for that alone.

No, the NRA couldn't push a Congress full of RINOs into moving forward on a pro-rights agenda. They did manage to prevent any new federal legislation from coming at us after the worst mass shooting in history though. Yeah, it resulted in this bump stock mess, but post-Vegas something like an AWB, or the Bloomberg version of a bump-stock bill probably had it's best chance of passing since Sandy Hook. They defused that by taking the wind out of the legislative sails.

While I think the NRA has some real issues... things like inflated salaries and too many FUDDs on the board, I don't think they have turned into the devil like some here seem think. They are still the largest pro-rights group out there by a mile, and reducing their membership is simply shooting ourselves in the foot.

I'm a life member and staying that way, I vote and message but will not send more money until they get their S*** together. Also I joined several other groups which are doing a better job locally and nationally.

Back
Top Bottom