• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The NRA sucks

So where do you think we would be without them. How many of you guys have marched on Washington or Atlanta for your gun rights. Or even wrote a letter to your representative.

Last time NRA was in ATL that I remember they were torpedoing a very attractive carry bill that was being proposed.

A change of leadership and reading the 2nd amendment would be a step in the right direction.

This is to me the biggest issue we have with the NRA right now.

The bylaws have been slowly modified to keep the current group of executives in charge. While I think LaPierre has done yeoman service over the years, he draws an eye-watering salary (between $1 and $5 million over the last few years). That's simply unconscionable in a non-profit group like the NRA proper.

There was also the shady way that Adam Kraut was denied a spot on the NRA board through some fairly shady methods. Not cheating but a last minute contender out of nowhere who just happened to have a lot of people ready to vote for them. We are starting to see some changes with folks like Tim Knight and Duane Liptak elected to the board, so change is happening... slowly.

My reply to their latest begging letter....
IMG_20190115_171456~2.jpg

This is to me the biggest issue we have with the NRA right now.

The bylaws have been slowly modified to keep the current group of executives in charge. While I think LaPierre has done yeoman service over the years, he draws an eye-watering salary (between $1 and $5 million over the last few years). That's simply unconscionable in a non-profit group like the NRA proper.

There was also the shady way that Adam Kraut was denied a spot on the NRA board through some fairly shady methods. Not cheating but a last minute contender out of nowhere who just happened to have a lot of people ready to vote for them. We are starting to see some changes with folks like Tim Knight and Duane Liptak elected to the board, so change is happening... slowly.

Change needs to happen faster before our 2nd amendment rights are shredded even more. At this point in time NRA stands for No Rights Anymore.

I feel abandoned and let down by the NRA. Its unfortunate that they are the best we have. Wish they would man up or another organization that is willing to be proactive would take the lead. Seems to me the same thing that happened to the boy scouts has happened to the NRA. Just gets less coverage and is more subtle.

What else do you got? Seriously, who else out there on a national level has near the platform to support gun right? I don’t agree with everything they do or say, but in general it’s better than nothing. Costs very little.

I doubt you’ll agree 100% with any other gun org either.

The NRA has not had a win in my lifetime. I'll be 62 tomorrow.

You getting to keep what you already had is not a win of any kind. The NRA let the left win on an incremental basis up to the Bump Stock Ban. That ban violated at least three constitutional provisions.

You just wait till someone is smart enough to tie an AWB in with the border wall. Ol' trumpy gonna get that wall.

The bill to create a national gun registry (National Gun Registration) is Trump's "trump card" to get that silly wall. Trump will sign the gun control bill and the Dems will help get THEIR wall built.

Back
Top Bottom