• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The NRA sucks

Well also let’s face it, they have zero interest in having any conversation about it. I follow them on social media and any time anyone calls them out on anything, that person is blocked or the comment is deleted. A lot of their posts they have comments disabled. They have no interest in fighting for anything anymore. The fact that so many people still stand behind them really baffles my mind. At first I thought well maybe they’re playing chess, not checkers, but it has been made very clear they’re playing Monopoly and using 2nd Amendment rights as bargaining chips.

And the whole “who else is there” argument falls flat on its face. There are numerous organizations that fight much harder that get my money. Organizations that have filed lawsuits against the gooberment for recent legislative moves. All while the nra sits quietly begging for more money. They’re a joke. They used to stand for the people. Hell, they were one of the biggest advocates fighting for people of color to be allowed to exercise their 2A rights back in the day. How does an organization go from that, to what they are now? :tsk:

....How does an organization go from that, to what they are now? :tsk:

Money. If the NRA was half, HALF as successful preserving the 2A rights of Americans as they SAY they are, there'd be no reason for their existence. Wayne and Chris would have to pay their own checks at Ruth's Chris.

I gotta agree with you there. The NRA is run like a business, right along with overpaid CEOs and padded expense accounts.

Well also let’s face it, they have zero interest in having any conversation about it. I follow them on social media and any time anyone calls them out on anything, that person is blocked or the comment is deleted. A lot of their posts they have comments disabled. They have no interest in fighting for anything anymore. The fact that so many people still stand behind them really baffles my mind. At first I thought well maybe they’re playing chess, not checkers, but it has been made very clear they’re playing Monopoly and using 2nd Amendment rights as bargaining chips.

And the whole “who else is there” argument falls flat on its face. There are numerous organizations that fight much harder that get my money. Organizations that have filed lawsuits against the gooberment for recent legislative moves. All while the nra sits quietly begging for more money. They’re a joke. They used to stand for the people. Hell, they were one of the biggest advocates fighting for people of color to be allowed to exercise their 2A rights back in the day. How does an organization go from that, to what they are now? :tsk:

A few weeks back, I called to ask the legislative division of the NRA why they were not going on the offensive. They didn't want me to talk to anyone as I was not a member, then my state representative called them and cleared a path (he's one of their endorsed pols.)

When I asked about offense strategies that other organizations had looked at, their legislative branch did not know that most mass shooters are on SSRIs and they can be easily obtained by doctors with a prescription. The NRA had NO strategy that involved going on the offensive. They are idiots.

What else do you got? Seriously, who else out there on a national level has near the platform to support gun right? I don’t agree with everything they do or say, but in general it’s better than nothing. Costs very little.

I doubt you’ll agree 100% with any other gun org either.

They've been given the biggest platform plus every available tool in the world with endless funding. And yet from their platform that members have them, they bring us recommendations for red flag laws, bump stock bans, etc.

They have been more than set up for success, but choose to fail. Marion Hammer was supposed to have Floridians' interests in mind. Instead, she say idly by as Florida lawmakers passed red flag laws, new age restrictions, and a bump stock ban.

Yeah... we'd have been so much better off without them over the last 50 years...

If you don't like what they are doing, join as a voting member and change it. Crying on the Interwebs won't make a bit of difference.

The time for activism and diplomacy is rapidly drawing to a close.

With bated breath I wait for the time a more Jeffersonian solution is needed.

I have stood ready to give my life, resisting tyranny and oppression in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Syria. To do so in my Homeland would be an honor that I will gladly undertake.

The NRA has given us nothing. They make concessions and allow our rights to be stripped slowly while they grow fat off our donations.

I think discollector talks the talk and walks the walk. He worked for the NRA like others actively fund raising and recruiting. What the NRA does and has done is a slap in the face to those people. An innernet horn tooter is the jackass that thinks his little $35 annual membership fee (discounted $10 at Bass Pro, Cabela's or the gun show to $25) is "fattin fer my rats by standin' with the NRA!", or "We wouldn't have no guns if it weren't fer the NRA! Join today!" Read his other posts on how the org is run and managed. Accepting what the NRA "tells you" on blind faith is just as stupid as sending money to a T.V. preacher for a "special love offering" that's supposed to bring you back wealth 7 times the amount sent. Ridiculous. There is plenty of information online about the history of the NRA. I'm sorry I ever recruited for them.
don't forget the ones who are fighting for their gun rights by voting for the right people...

The time for activism and diplomacy is rapidly drawing to a close.

With bated breath I wait for the time a more Jeffersonian solution is needed.

I have stood ready to give my life, resisting tyranny and oppression in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Syria. To do so in my Homeland would be an honor that I will gladly undertake.

The NRA has given us nothing. They make concessions and allow our rights to be stripped slowly while they grow fat off our donations.

I agree with you. When the Heller decision went down, it sounded the death knell for the Second Amendment. Far too many people are oblivious to the truth than there are people willingly to admit they've been had.

The best recourse is for the citizenry in one jurisdiction or another to flat out say no to the next infringement. Then every gun owner with an ounce of patriotism should back them up with their physical presence. Imagine a county or a state with 100,000 people openly defying a ban / infringement and forcing the government to live up to the guarantee found in Article 4 Section 4 of the Constitution along with showing some respect toward the Second Amendment.

They've been given the biggest platform plus every available tool in the world with endless funding. And yet from their platform that members have them, they bring us recommendations for red flag laws, bump stock bans, etc.

They have been more than set up for success, but choose to fail. Marion Hammer was supposed to have Floridians' interests in mind. Instead, she say idly by as Florida lawmakers passed red flag laws, new age restrictions, and a bump stock ban.

Their greatest failure was not offering up proposed solutions that would reduce gun violence without gun control. Red Flag Laws violate the guarantee of Due Process and if you have to tell your legislator that, maybe that legislator should be due a recall petition.

Back
Top Bottom