Votes: 32 71.1%
  • Keep it for birth control.

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • This is not taco bell

Votes: 10 22.2%

• Total voters
Stop in at local wendy's for a snack, order comes to $2.04
I give the white trash lady $2.05
You can see on her face when she decides to keep my penny and give me only the receipt.

It's just a penny, but my point is who is she to decide if i want my money or not.
For me i was changing the world today, one misguided wannabee at a time.. She had to go get the manager to open up the register and get my penny back.
What say you ODT?
I say pennies are only good for adding to a sock to make a sap....

I'm with the, a penny saved is a penny earned and the take care of the pennies and the dollars take care of themselves crowd. I'd have asked for that penny back too, especially because of the way she handled it!

How about restaurants that figure the tip for you ( 12%, 15%. 20% etc.) and figure it including the tax. I never tip on TAX. Why would I reward a server with a tip on the tax? Only a moron would do that.

How about restaurants that figure the tip for you ( 12%, 15%. 20% etc.) and figure it including the tax. I never tip on TAX. Why would I reward a server with a tip on the tax? Only a moron would do that.
Nah, he's just saying he tips 2x the tax. No biggie.
I just move the decimal and double it.
Some don't like math.

I don't tip on tax. To make things easier double the tax and that's your tip.
10.00 bill .60 tax double the .60 and its 1.20 tip.
Math made easy for old timers.

Not critiquing the 2X post. I understand that. I am commenting on trying to squeeze more tip by including the tax.

2X the tax is 14%( where I live). I tip 20% before tax unless the service is really crappy. If we are doing math here, that is the amount before tax x2 divided by 10.

I've had it both ways....if the bill has a few cents over the dollar, they bring me nothing back in change....and if the bill is a few cents under a dollar, I don't get change. Evens out in the end. Plus I don't have a 1/2 lb of coinage in my left front pocket.

No problem, it's just easy for me to double the tax. It used to be 10% for outstanding service, then 15 then 20. I never go over 15% (my wife would shoot me). Guess I am just stuck back in the 70s/80s. You know my sigs and glocks have to eat too.

Back
Top Bottom