Change the world or let it fall further into the abyss

• Get my money skanky Ho!

Votes: 32 71.1%
  • Keep it for birth control.

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • This is not taco bell

Votes: 10 22.2%

• Total voters
And I agree. No one can live on 2.13. So...
Server has three tables, one table spends 20.00, next one spends 30 last but not least wife and I spend 50.00.
20+30+50=100. 12% tip by each table looks like 12.00
12+2.13= 14.13, (naturally my friends are there and we're all cheap) not bad for 1 hour worth of work.
I am not *****ing, if we all get what we want there is no reason to excel, be comfortable and live on tips, no I moved on. Obama has left the building.
And yes, I have seen severs waiting at the door with hands out. Not to me, but others, yea real high class places, lol.

Just a friendly discussion.

Some might as well with the lameass crappy service they provide. A tip is a reward for doing extra, over and beyond, it ain't to pad your paycheck.

I tip 18 or 20 percent for good service, 10% for average, but anything less than that I only leave a nickel and a couple of pennies just so they know that I've been thinking about them.

Some folks just ain't cut out to be waitstaff. They should bust tables and wash dishes.

I agree with you both. I don't mean to make the argument that you should always tip well no matter what, just that you should simply reward good service with a solid tip which would not be handing out money for nothing. When I was in the business I worked with and fired many that never deserved 20% because they gave awful service. I myself have tipped 10% on rare occasions that the service was terrible, but I have also tipped 40% to servers that truly earned it.

Sometimes the only tip they get from me will be to get an umbrella, because it looks like rain.
I will make a special point to complement the cook on a job well done, and not my steak. lol

Every once in a while I'll go to the bank and get a couple of 50 cent coins (if they have them) and/or one dollar coins (Which they always have). Use them exclusively at fast food places/grocery stores/etc where kids are behind the counter.

The looks you get.

Back
Top Bottom