• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

THE PLATE CARRIER / CHEST RIG THREAD

Is it steel? There’s a good vid on YouTube about fragmentation on steel plates. I would get some kind of front liner for it, which would add to overall weight unfortunately.
No not steel, poly. But only 3a. 1 pound each and like 0.25 thick. They have Been tested to the level posted and beyond but I have no thoughts they are everything proof

View attachment 4092329

Spiritus LV 119 carrier with hesco l210 and l110 special threat armor (also waiting on dfndr level 3++ plates).
HSGI med kit back right cummerbund.
Kagwerks fancy phone holder so I can look at cute dog videos and titties at the range.
Expander wing with extra mags right now. Waiting on a PTT that isn’t broken to hopefully replace with a radio so it sits snugly inside the cummerbund.
( @FreedomUSMC this is what I’m hoping to do with my radio but I haven’t even set it up yet so we’ll see if it sucks)
Spiritus Sack with another med kit and TQ. I’ve been thinking about experimenting with their padded foam insert to see if I can ghetto rig another sack to hold a pvs 14 and night time ****. That’s a work in progress.
Triple M4 placard for carbine. I can also switch the placard with my micro fight to run PCC, SMG, etc.

Almost everything on the PC can swap to the micro fight.

Yesterday some guy in my parking lot was screaming for help. Dumped the mags out of my micro fight, slapped on the sack with med supplies to it, ditched the shoulder straps and slung it like a med bag. I was able to run down there and have gloves/med quickly. I prefer the placard on the PC but options are nice.

The majority of this stuff is only used for training (thankfully) so I don’t have a ton of admin or specialty equipment on them. Just bullets, armor, med, and fat boi snacks.

I’ve got a couple other setups for different uses I’ll post in the next week or so.
Really important question: what is that patch on your chest rig?

What’s a good basic ass chest rig? I have a slick PC but want to try something that holds mags and crap. Currently looking at a Healy copy on Amazon for $65
Depends on what mags and crap you want to hold, and how many mags and craps you want to fit. This is modular so you can add or subtract to do it all.

What’s a good basic ass chest rig? I have a slick PC but want to try something that holds mags and crap. Currently looking at a Healy copy on Amazon for $65

Rigs like the Spiritus and Ferro Concepts Slickster come out of the pack very basic. You add what you want.

Snagged a First Spear Strandhogg, wow what a difference. Feels amazing, super comfy.

The FS tube system is nice, very secure and would be difficult to mmishandled.

I need triple curve 11x14 plates now and I hate that things always cost money.

Attachments

• 20220530_183102.jpg
    20220530_183102.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 27
Depends on what mags and crap you want to hold, and how many mags and craps you want to fit. This is modular so you can add or subtract to do it all.

3 mags. Boo boo kit. I don’t know enough to buy all the parts individually. Was thinking something that had all the stuff and I could use parts of if I like it or it could live in my truck if I didn’t.
Rigs like the Spiritus and Ferro Concepts Slickster come out of the pack very basic. You add what you want.
I have a slickster.

Back
Top Bottom