• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

THE PLATE CARRIER / CHEST RIG THREAD

14C9816D-3EA6-4065-88CA-E2E77B394B16.jpeg

CB3729F0-866A-44E8-9257-264F11AE0F88.jpeg

Made a few changes to my carrier. Added some ten speed pouches for extra mags and one on the side of the micro fight for a multi tool. Add no weight or profile when not in use. Added a ferro roll 1 to replace the med kit on my cummerbund. Also added a padded GP pouch on my left side to keep a pvs 14 and an axl battery pouch on front of my phone mount. I also added the spiritus drag handle to the back so the homies can cart me around when I’ve had too many cookies.

Overall, pretty stoked on everything currently. I hate where the GP pouch sits but it’s the only place I could mount it and get to my night vision stuff conveniently.

Here is my rig, Alot of the kit had to do with my time in the infantry as a forward observer and my time as an instructor in Quantico,
Crye JPC gen 1, I'm a small dude and prior to this I was using a LBT 6094A (2019-2020) Eagle SPC( 2017-2019) and a KDH Gen 2 (2015-2017) I wanted a slick carrier because every time I was in the field I always had to use a pack to sustain my other equipment. On the carrier I took off the bungees and use kiwwi inserts to hold mags, on the outside is a knockoff BFG shingle and some dangler pouch from amazon. I used to use a FSBE fanny pack and will probably go back to it since getting in the prone sucks. Inside the carrier are LAPG Level 4s, They were on sale I think I paid $100 for both plates, I bought these almost 2 years ago, Heavy for what they are but all the reviews pushed me to get these for the price.
Arbor Arms belt, I got this for Christmas 2019 and still use it to this day, Be sure to order the correct size for you. I ordered a little bigger and had to chop it down. I like the idea of the belt but it is super heavy. You have to buy your own inner belt to run. On the belt I have a Safariland mid ride with a QLS, a LBT Ifak, 2 Tq's, 2 taco mag pouches, 2 pistol pouches and not pictured is a leatherman pouch.
For a helmet I use a MICH 2000, I had a 2002 cut helmet for my Comtacs but I sold the helmet a while back and actually got this helmet from a neighbor after his afghan pump. Helmet is the same as he used it, Only cool things in it are a Ops Core X nape and Oregon Aero pads( Which are a MASSIVE upgrade, they dont tend to freeze up like issued pads).

Attachments

• 390920ED-FB8B-4925-AA5C-9D3A45A66D06.jpeg
    390920ED-FB8B-4925-AA5C-9D3A45A66D06.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 66
  • A980849F-560F-4837-8D5E-45C52EDE49A7.jpeg
    A980849F-560F-4837-8D5E-45C52EDE49A7.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 67
CC9AF77F-C587-4F91-86D4-73C752D4F227.png

I’m done with this thing for now. The only thing I’m planning to change/add are some BFG ten speed pouches to the front of the micro fight once they release a version with Velcro on the front. Everything else is good to go and vetted. The extras are easy to empty out to get weight down if I feel like being a bitch that day.

DC8455A8-CA34-4F02-9F40-D0088CBA1C9A.png

Stripped down this slickster as my “crackhead special”. Lately, in my area, there’s been a big uptick in sketchy folks and a huge lack of LE presence. Unfortunately, I’ve had to do a lot of exactly what you don’t want to do - confront people that aren’t all there for the sake of my neighbors/girlfriend/etc. I can throw the slickster on under a hoodie and it blends in. Med in a Fanny pack (so I can Narcan the ODing crazy people so they can die in someone else’s yard), and I don’t look like (as much) of a crazy person.

View attachment 4566323
I’m done with this thing for now. The only thing I’m planning to change/add are some BFG ten speed pouches to the front of the micro fight once they release a version with Velcro on the front. Everything else is good to go and vetted. The extras are easy to empty out to get weight down if I feel like being a bitch that day.

View attachment 4566324
Stripped down this slickster as my “crackhead special”. Lately, in my area, there’s been a big uptick in sketchy folks and a huge lack of LE presence. Unfortunately, I’ve had to do a lot of exactly what you don’t want to do - confront people that aren’t all there for the sake of my neighbors/girlfriend/etc. I can throw the slickster on under a hoodie and it blends in. Med in a Fanny pack (so I can Narcan the ODing crazy people so they can die in someone else’s yard), and I don’t look like (as much) of a crazy person.

That’s a good carrier.

I don't have pics handy and I don't really have a rig I'd say is complete. I have 3 condor minimum chest rigs, one setup for sub gun ( kp9), bigger sub gun ( smg 45), and one for 3 double stacked ar mags, none of which have any armor in them at all. I also have 2 rigs from unibtanium gear, one for ar and one for subgun. I have a plate carrier I picked up somewhere with some level 4 plates front and rear I got from botach but it's very heavy.

It's challenging because I'm bigger than most people to find gear that works. I'm contemplating switching to a safelife concealable soft rig and running the minimalist rigs over them as needed.

Back
Top Bottom