• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

THE PLATE CARRIER / CHEST RIG THREAD

There have been other threads similar to this, but I’m making this with the intent of it becoming a long lasting thread people can reference. I’ve seen and talked to endless amounts of people who set up their gear based on another persons kit. This is to encourage everyone to set their gear up based on your own needs and comfort.

Please:
-Post pictures of your setup
-Ask questions
-Let people know why you set things up the way you have, or your theory behind the practical application of your gear.
-Do not outwardly flame people OR get defensive. Feel free to critique and help each other.

This is NOT the thread to post a picture of your gear and have everyone give you a thumbs up and move on. This is to open yourself up to questions, critiques, and theory behind using your equipment for its intended application.

Everyone has different needs and gear. Competition shooters, mil shooters, and armed citizens all have different needs but they can also influence and help each other.

This thread is intended to hopefully help you and others to get ideas, to trial and error, and to brainstorm how to set your gear up tailor made for YOU. It can also be a good place to find recommendations for any issues you run into or holes you would like to plug in your gear. I will most likely start more of these for other topics if people are interested, but this seemed like a good starting point.

POST AWAY
In been thinking on this

View attachment 4566323
I’m done with this thing for now. The only thing I’m planning to change/add are some BFG ten speed pouches to the front of the micro fight once they release a version with Velcro on the front. Everything else is good to go and vetted. The extras are easy to empty out to get weight down if I feel like being a bitch that day.

View attachment 4566324
Stripped down this slickster as my “crackhead special”. Lately, in my area, there’s been a big uptick in sketchy folks and a huge lack of LE presence. Unfortunately, I’ve had to do a lot of exactly what you don’t want to do - confront people that aren’t all there for the sake of my neighbors/girlfriend/etc. I can throw the slickster on under a hoodie and it blends in. Med in a Fanny pack (so I can Narcan the ODing crazy people so they can die in someone else’s yard), and I don’t look like (as much) of a crazy person.
What plates ya runnin in the Slickster, and how well do they conceal under a hoodie? I know you're supposed to be able to conceal plates with the Slickster but, I haven't been able to. I just end up lookin like this:
15938529756_3768d50444_o.jpg

That's one reason just I built mine up into an overt carrier.

What plates ya runnin in the Slickster, and how well do they conceal under a hoodie? I know you're supposed to be able to conceal plates with the Slickster but, I haven't been able to. I just end up lookin like this: View attachment 4573326
I’ve got Dfndr plates in my spiritus but they are pretty thiccc. I’ve got hesco l210 plates in the slickster. They’re super thin!

What plates ya runnin in the Slickster, and how well do they conceal under a hoodie? I know you're supposed to be able to conceal plates with the Slickster but, I haven't been able to. I just end up lookin like this: View attachment 4573326
I have RMA 1003 in my slickster. They are like 0.75" and not heavy. I would say they conceal about as well as a full size handgun on the belt. to the casual observer there's not anything to notice but if you're looking for it there's something going on.

it's also mostly moot point for me being here. Not a lot of the year in georgia where I would WANT/NEED to be wearing a heavy hoodie or coat, so that looks out of place enough.

I have RMA 1003 in my slickster. They are like 0.75" and not heavy. I would say they conceal about as well as a full size handgun on the belt. to the casual observer there's not anything to notice but if you're looking for it there's something going on.

it's also mostly moot point for me being here. Not a lot of the year in georgia where I would WANT/NEED to be wearing a heavy hoodie or coat, so that looks out of place enough.

I’ve got Dfndr plates in my spiritus but they are pretty thiccc. I’ve got hesco l210 plates in the slickster. They’re super thin!

Yeah, I've thought about switching to the Heso l210s or RMA 1003s, I've got the RMA lvl 4 thicc bois in there now and they are pretty heavy at a little over 8lbs a piece.

Back
Top Bottom