• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

THE PLATE CARRIER / CHEST RIG THREAD

For an inexpensive carrier, I’d go with Condor. You can spend $40-60 and get a solid one.

Mid price range, check out Shellback.

Upper end, check out Skeletac or Crye.

I have had all the above and love my Skeletac.

23C3568B-5FCF-4355-818E-79994318884C.jpeg

Does anyone know anything useful about these plates? Or the brand itself?
I'm liking the specs, stops most of what I'd expect to encounter, and is right at 2½ lbs per plate. How would these compare to the Hesco L210 ?

I'm liking the specs, stops most of what I'd expect to encounter, and is right at 2½ lbs per plate. How would these compare to the Hesco L210 ?

Boot71 Boot71 I have those. RMA is good stuff, I have that exact plate. Switched from an L210 to do it. Yes you give up some of the exotic coverage but I blew out my back working out in L210s. I wore the 1003 for about 6 hours straight when my next door neighbor turned into an active shooter (for real, it's on the news) and I am VERY happy I paid the money for the lighter plates.

I am likely going to upgrade to something similar in multicurve though, as I'm working out a ton and trading my tits for pecs, but that seems worthwhile.

Boot71 Boot71 I have those. RMA is good stuff, I have that exact plate. Switched from an L210 to do it. Yes you give up some of the exotic coverage but I blew out my back working out in L210s. I wore the 1003 for about 6 hours straight when my next door neighbor turned into an active shooter (for real, it's on the news) and I am VERY happy I paid the money for the lighter plates.

I am likely going to upgrade to something similar in multicurve though, as I'm working out a ton and trading my tits for pecs, but that seems worthwhile.
Thanks! That's the kind of info I was hoping for.

They're better

Yeah I’m gonna need details on the whole thing. My rattler stamp was approved recently.
Nice dude! I just picked mine up. I’ve wanted one for a looooong time. I’m stoked to have it, and bummed to have to buy 300 blackout now.

Spiritus mk 4
5.56 insert and full flap
Spiritus sack with med stuff
Scrapyard knife with fancy zip ties in between the mk4 and sack

Its simple, light, scalable and easy to throw in a bag

Nice dude! I just picked mine up. I’ve wanted one for a looooong time. I’m stoked to have it, and bummed to have to buy 300 blackout now.

Spiritus mk 4
5.56 insert and full flap
Spiritus sack with med stuff
Scrapyard knife with fancy zip ties in between the mk4 and sack

Its simple, light, scalable and easy to throw in a bag
What’s the dot/light/mount on the rattler?

What’s the dot/light/mount on the rattler?
Aimpoint micro for the dot, Surefire m300 for the light.

The light mount is a bit ghetto rigged. It works for now but it’s not ideal.

This is on there now. I had one sitting in a parts drawer. It doesn’t quite fit flush but the polymer has enough flex that it works.

This is what’s on the way.

Back
Top Bottom