• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

THE RIFLE THREAD

Burning Love

Default rank <5000 posts Supporter
tat-man
93   0
Reaction score
There have been other threads similar to this, but I’m making this with the intent of it becoming a long lasting thread people can reference. I’ve seen and talked to endless amounts of people who set up their gear based on another persons kit. This is to encourage everyone to set their gear up based on your own needs and comfort.

Please:
-Post pictures of your setup
-Ask questions
-Let people know why you set things up the way you have, or your theory behind the practical application of your gear.
-Do not outwardly flame people OR get defensive. Feel free to critique and help each other.

This is NOT the thread to post a picture of your gear and have everyone give you a thumbs up and move on. This is to open yourself up to questions, critiques, and theory behind using your equipment for its intended application.

Everyone has different needs and gear. Competition shooters, mil shooters, and armed citizens all have different needs but they can also influence and help each other.

This thread is intended to hopefully help you and others to get ideas, to trial and error, and to brainstorm how to set your gear up tailor made for YOU. It can also be a good place to find recommendations for any issues you run into or holes you would like to plug in your gear. I will most likely start more of these for other topics if people are interested, but this seemed like a good starting point.

POST AWAY

Sorta

Attachments

• 6DCBEF36-CB85-4C2D-81A4-2437D7E5F0AD.jpeg
    6DCBEF36-CB85-4C2D-81A4-2437D7E5F0AD.jpeg
    180.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 1C90748A-3BAE-4376-8EAC-B224C8AF281F.jpeg
    1C90748A-3BAE-4376-8EAC-B224C8AF281F.jpeg
    146.7 KB · Views: 56
5A06B13F-8953-45EF-8C3F-E78F5D419A98.png

58A40849-619A-4678-A600-0445CCD769A7.jpeg

This is pretty much my go to gun. General purpose rifle for me. I live in the city, and 10.3” will do most of what I could need. DD mk18 upper (one of the properly gassed ones), geissele mk16, Geissele SSA, AAC 3 prong and M42000 if I want to use it, vltor A5 system, HRF magwell, Troy irons, Aimpoint micro t2, Dbal A3, and modlite. Mod button for Dbal, unity hot button for modlite. Ferro slingster

Things I like: Aimpoint is my fav, gun is sweet, suppressor is heavy but I like it. I shoot this thing super well. I got the HRF magwell so I could justify talking **** on a $60 piece of polymer but I actually love it and ate my words. It runs excellent.

Things I dislike: I want a FP peq. The Dbal is ass but better than nothing. I don’t really love the mawl and my Dbal d2 is a boat anchor. I also want to figure out a better way to run the switches for the light and laser units. The gun gets hot FAST suppressed. Gotta pull the michael Jackson and wear a glove. 10.3” barrel velocity makes me sad the 5% of the time I might shoot it past 200 yards.

I usually tend to pick up a shotgun for anything. I seriously enjoy duck/dove hunting and sporting clays. But I'll get in for some info/tips.
This is my only AR.
Geissele Super Duty 14.5 p/w (factory built/stock internals)
Magpul MOE SLS stock
Magpul K2 grip
Magpul MLOK VFG (have since cut 1" off)
Magpul MS4 Sling
Eotech 512
Sig Juliette 3 micro magnifier
Midwest Industries combat flip up sights
Streamlight Rail Mount Light
All mags are G3 Pmags now

I suppose it is everything I would need from this type rifle, even if I don't use it much. If nothing else, I'll have some fun taking a class or 2 with it.

Sad part is, I've shot less than 2 mags through it, and that was when I sighted in the Eotech. 20211017_105502.jpg

I usually tend to pick up a shotgun for anything. I seriously enjoy duck/dove hunting and sporting clays. But I'll get in for some info/tips.
This is my only AR.
Geissele Super Duty 14.5 p/w (factory built/stock internals)
Magpul MOE SLS stock
Magpul K2 grip
Magpul MLOK VFG (have since cut 1" off)
Eotech 512
Sig Juliette 3 micro magnifier
Midwest Industries combat flip up sights
Streamlight Rail Mount Light
All mags are G3 Pmags now

Sad part is, I've shot less than 2 mags through it, and that was when I sighted in the Eotech. View attachment 4607867
Get a sling and come shoot it. That’ll let ya know if there’s things you want to tweak, and hopefully everyone can help.

Sorry bud. Find someone to fix my lungs so I can get back to lifting/training/not being on my phone all the time or tweaking my gear. It might be cheaper for you in the long run :cool2:
"Thoughts and prayers" seem so lame when online, but I genuinely do wish you a speedy recovery brother.
All kidding aside, I am a self confessed gear whore, and love these threads.

Back
Top Bottom