• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

THE RIFLE THREAD

BCM MK2 upper with 14.5” BFH ELW barrel
BCM BCG
BCM A5 lower (A5H4 buffer)

Griffin Armament taper mount compensator (waiting on Recce 5)
Streamlight Protac on Arisaka mount
Trijicon RMR on Arisaka offset mount
Trijicon TA31 on Larue RCO mount
Larue MBT-2S
B5 furniture
Blue Force Gear sling

Had this rifle longer than any other. It’s worn nearly every optic, furniture and trigger setup imaginable. I’ve ran longer and shorter barrels. As an all around rifle, this is by far my favorite setup.
3B6991D2-1EFB-4738-B58C-27C7A247AC6F.jpeg

My rifle is looking poor comparatively speaking.
My train of thought tends to be very "vanilla", I just need a rifle to work every time, and be reasonably accurate at distances suited to a holographic sight.
Even my pistols (mostly stock Glock) don't get alot of work except some 2000 grit paper on the contact surfaces of the internals, good sights, and a good break in.
I'm a big fan of not f'n with what ain't broke, and what I can't outshoot anyway.
For someone needing a rifle for occasional classes, plinking every now and then, and having a rifle on hand if the need arose to have a rifle in hand......what would be lacking on my setup?
Genuine question, critique away, you won't hurt my feelings. Definitely here to learn from others trials/errors.
I don't have night vision, suppressor, or any intention of getting into those.

BCM MK2 upper with 14.5” BFH ELW barrel
BCM BCG
BCM A5 lower (A5H4 buffer)

Griffin Armament taper mount compensator (waiting on Recce 5)
Streamlight Protac on Arisaka mount
Trijicon RMR on Arisaka offset mount
Trijicon TA31 on Larue RCO mount
Larue MBT-2S
B5 furniture
Blue Force Gear sling

Had this rifle longer than any other. It’s worn nearly every optic, furniture and trigger setup imaginable. I’ve ran longer and shorter barrels. As an all around rifle, this is by far my favorite setup.
View attachment 4607886
One stupid question for you: why is your rubber band on the outside of your light?

My rifle is looking poor comparatively speaking.
My train of thought tends to be very "vanilla", I just need a rifle to work every time, and be reasonably accurate at distances suited to a holographic sight.
Even my pistols (mostly stock Glock) don't get alot of work except some 2000 grit paper on the contact surfaces of the internals, good sights, and a good break in.
I'm a big fan of not f'n with what ain't broke, and what I can't outshoot anyway.
For someone needing a rifle for occasional classes, plinking every now and then, and having a rifle on hand if the need arose to have a rifle in hand......what would be lacking on my setup?
Genuine question, critique away, you won't hurt my feelings. Definitely here to learn from others trials/errors.
I don't have night vision, suppressor, or any intention of getting into those.
Outside of anything you might find you’d like improved through use your setup looks great to me as a general purpose rifle.

Only things I might get nit picky about would be the optic and magnifier could be updated but by no means are they a deal breaker.

I have a magnifier I keep off my rifle and only grab it if I feel like I’m going to have a real need for it. Saves weight.

The real details come along with your intended purpose for the rifle, and what you may or may not find problems with through actual use.

All that work on the beard and the background and Joint and Singlasses is what I get….? hahahahah it has a filter! It’s a Nod to My Past Red Days

Back
Top Bottom