• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

THE RIFLE THREAD

I am IN to learn.
My current setup. Not sure on the EOTECH yet. Need to add light and….
I definitely need more time behind the trigger and other’s pro and cons of different equipment additions. Also have a Colt M4 that’s still in cardboard that needs ….stuff 5F704A21-C0D1-4179-B560-438F4D8DB273.jpeg

BCM MK2 upper with 14.5” BFH ELW barrel
BCM BCG
BCM A5 lower (A5H4 buffer)

Griffin Armament taper mount compensator (waiting on Recce 5)
Streamlight Protac on Arisaka mount
Trijicon RMR on Arisaka offset mount
Trijicon TA31 on Larue RCO mount
Larue MBT-2S
B5 furniture
Blue Force Gear sling

Had this rifle longer than any other. It’s worn nearly every optic, furniture and trigger setup imaginable. I’ve ran longer and shorter barrels. As an all around rifle, this is by far my favorite setup.
View attachment 4607886
How’s the TA31..? Is it Fast?

How’s the TA31..? Is it Fast?
It takes some getting used to but I’ll say (for me) it’s faster than any other magnified optic I’ve tried. The Larue RCO mount is a must as it moves it’s about an inch further back than Trijicon’s mount which negates the short eye relief.

The thing that’s gonna get funky with giving outside opinions on these rifles is going to be the lack of knowledge on the guns primary goal. If someone doesn’t post an intended mission set for their gun, I guess the critiquing collective will just assume it’s a general purpose gun.

My current setup. Not sure on the EOTECH yet. Need to add light and….
I definitely need more time behind the trigger and other’s pro and cons of different equipment additions. Also have a Colt M4 that’s still in cardboard that needs ….stuffView attachment 4610155
Add a light and it looks like you’re on a good track! The colt doesn’t need anything but sling/light/optic unless there’s a gap in performance you’re looking to fill.
View attachment 4614759

Factory SOLGW M4-76 - I added a Radian Talon selector and a BAD Lever that's about it.
Ferro Slingster
Streamlight HL-X
ACSS Raptor 1-6
Looks solid to me! I hate bad levers and feel like they can lead to some safety things but everything else looks solid.

The thing that’s gonna get funky with giving outside opinions on these rifles is going to be the lack of knowledge on the guns primary goal. If someone doesn’t post an intended mission set for their gun, I guess the critiquing collective will just assume it’s a general purpose gun.

Add a light and it looks like you’re on a good track! The colt doesn’t need anything but sling/light/optic unless there’s a gap in performance you’re looking to fill.

Looks solid to me! I hate bad levers and feel like they can lead to some safety things but everything else looks solid.
Mine is a GP/SHTF rifle. If Red Dawn (or whatever SHTF scenario) happens tomorrow and I had to disappear into the forest, this is the rifle I would take with me, assuming I could get to it in time - if not I guess I'm fighting "WW3" with a G19...
There are also a few cases where I would use it for home or (more accurately) yard defense, because I live on a few acres and, I may have to take anywhere from an 80 to a 200+ yard shot to stop someone from kidnapping or killing a family member - as one example.

Why do you hate BAD Levers? I know they look kinda lame but, I like having the ability to lock the bolt back without taking my hand off the fire controls (to clear malfunctions in case the need arises), it's way faster. It's slightly faster to release the bolt for reloads too but, that's not why I use one; and I've got way too many reps on the traditional reload to bother with retraining a new reload technique. In either case, I don't see any big safety issues because I don't put my finger in the trigger guard when I'm using the lever, it stays straight along the receiver whether I use it to lock the bolt back or, release it and, in my main use case (locking the bolt back), my finger is moving up and away from the trigger - which is most likely a dead trigger at this point anyway so, the likelihood of having an ND is essentially non-existent.

Back
Top Bottom