• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The robot that will replace you

More of a promotional gimmick than practical at this point, but yeah. Corps are pushing automation hard. In a world where hundreds of millions of organic autonomous AIs are already under or unemployed...

More of a promotional gimmick than practical at this point, but yeah. Corps are pushing automation hard. In a world where hundreds of millions of organic autonomous AIs are already under or unemployed...
Will make many of the organics obsolete won't it. Wonder how that will be dealt with. The upper crust of the sociopolitical world may see them as both unnecessary and undesirable since they have machines to do their lawns. Less mouths to feed, less traffic on the highway, less medical and other "upkeep cost". As long as someone else did the dirty work many of them would be fine with it.

That's not so impressive.........I've got guys at work that move that slow already and they didn't cost a fraction of what that thing does.:becky:
Yeah but a robot won't come to work drunk and then pull a knife on you when you tell it that it should've just stayed home that day.

Yes, I had a guy do that to me at work once.

Will make many of the organics obsolete won't it. Wonder how that will be dealt with. The upper crust of the sociopolitical world may see them as both unnecessary and undesirable since they have machines to do their lawns. Less mouths to feed, less traffic on the highway, less medical and other "upkeep cost". As long as someone else did the dirty work many of them would be fine with it.

Wow....it's been what? Only 40 years since the answer was supplied to that question.

Watch the movie: Soylent Green.

lost-space-robot-will.jpg

If this thing learns to tell women "No, it doesn't make you look fat" ," You're way prettier than her", and bring home a paycheck... we'll be obsolete.
images

Back
Top Bottom