• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Rut is on boys

In South Ga I have seen a lot of people posting pics of some really nice bucks. This year as a whole has been odd for us. My son and I have not seen the first deer. This time last year he had killed a nice buck and two does and let others walk. I told him I hope this cold snap and being close to mid November will get them moving. Last week the moon was so big I think they were messed up.

where-a-bouts you Hunt?

I hunt N.E. Bartow, we are just not seeing it yet
for the past several years it seem like it's been whenever
this year we have seen tiny spotted fawns as late as October
and
as early as March

as each year I will be out for a personal account of their activity
I hunt west. You hunt toward white and pine log? Used to on the property I hunt the rut would come before or on halloween, but the past couple of years it’s been mid November

upload_2019-11-14_17-45-29.png
Scarlett Doehansson shook her little tail and lured this fella in. He was so in love too. I hated to do it but it's been a rough season so far and my freezer is empty.

View attachment 2362249Scarlett Doehansson shook her little tail and lured this fella in. He was so in love too. I hated to do it but it's been a rough season so far and my freezer is empty.

Nothing wrong with taking this buck when the freezer is empty. But I have to say that's a good rack on a small deer. Ah, what could have been in a few years. Congratulations

Back
Top Bottom