• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The SEC is the best

Since when?

2005 vs. Miami (#3) 14-10
2000 vs. Clemson (#5) 31-28
2011 vs. Clemson (#6) 31-17
2009 vs. VT (#4) 28-23 <-----was there, stormed the field, have the piece of the goalpost to prove it :D
2006 vs. VT (#9) 38-27

Granted we only played 9 top ten teams in the past ten years, and when we do it's usually UGA or VT (twice each) and the one against Notre Dame was a rigged (not that they deserved to be #3, but the refs had two TDs called back on us for no reason. I'm still sore over that one).

So to sum it up, we're 5/8 (ND doesn't count) against top 10 teams when're we're not top 10 or even ranked. I'd call that pretty good.

GO JACKETS!!!!

2005 vs. Miami (#3) 14-10
2000 vs. Clemson (#5) 31-28
2011 vs. Clemson (#6) 31-17
2009 vs. VT (#4) 28-23 <-----was there, stormed the field, have the piece of the goalpost to prove it :D
2006 vs. VT (#9) 38-27

Granted we only played 9 top ten teams in the past ten years, and when we do it's usually UGA or VT (twice each) and the one against Notre Dame was a rigged (not that they deserved to be #3, but the refs had two TDs called back on us for no reason. I'm still sore over that one).

So to sum it up, we're 5/8 (ND doesn't count) against top 10 teams when're we're not top 10 or even ranked. I'd call that pretty good.

GO JACKETS!!!!

What is Techs record against Top 10 teams when they are also in the top ten?

Why would I need to get over the fact that I know more about CFB than you? You seem to be the one taking pot shots months after I made you look like a fool.

oh do u know more about cfb than me? i'm pointing out how full of it u are every single time u post. since u have first hand knowledge about cfb, please enlighten us. google is ur best friend now bruh

Awesome play in the 2009 SEC Championship game against Florida. Greg McElory hops about 7 yards down the sideline for the first down. Roll Tide!
image.jpg

The SEC as a whole today had a really poor showing from top to bottom. Take away final scores because they don't really matter. Look at the way the teams played throughout the game and the opponents they let hang around and you can't help but be disappointed. UGA laid down for 2 quarters and it ended up costing them the game. LSU let TCU come into Death Valley and hang with them and may end up losing. Even mighty Bama needed a heroic effort from one player to hold off VT. That man needs free beer for life from all Bama fans. This is not SEC football as we've come to expect it and that may be our problem. We've gotten spoiled and the rest of the country has done nothing but work their asses off to play at our level. Even the tiniest bit of complacency and Ohio St may be playing Oregon or Clemson for the title. Not a single SEC team showed me today that they could go undefeated.

Back
Top Bottom