• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Slide Fire "bump stock" lawsuits have started

That's likely because because there is legislation in place that protects firearms mfgs from liability, but not sure those same protections extend to accessory makers. I guess we'll see.

Worth looking deeper. I do know in the Aurora suit it was specifically ruled to protect more than just firearm manufacturers, and included ammunition, and magazine manufacturers. I would think (and just my opinion) current law SHOULD protect accessory manufacturers if their product passes the test of legality, and if grossly negligent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worth looking deeper. I do know in the Aurora suit it was specifically ruled to protect more than just firearm manufacturers, and included ammunition, and magazine manufacturers. I would think (and just my opinion) current law SHOULD protect accessory manufacturers if their product passes the test of legality, and if grossly negligent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would THINK so.

Man in the middle of a messy divorce is sitting at a bar. AFter many drinks he stand and yells “All lawyers are assholes”.

A guy further down the bar stand and yells back “he fellow I resent that remark”.

First guy says “why are you are lawyer”?

Second guy says “no I am an asshole”

No offense H heavyd !

:drum:

That's likely because because there is legislation in place that protects firearms mfgs from liability, but not sure those same protections extend to accessory makers. I guess we'll see.

Yep the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) 2005 doesn't really include parts manufactures.

But to allow it would set a legal precedent for other such B.S. lawsuits.

Muhammad runs over 50 and kills them, sue the tire maker, sue the gas station, sue petroleum corporation etc.

Yep the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) 2005 doesn't really include parts manufactures.

But to allow it would set a legal precedent for other such B.S. lawsuits.

Muhammad runs over 50 and kills them, sue the tire maker, sue the gas station, sue petroleum corporation etc.

How about all the red dot makers whom facilitate faster target acquisition? I think I saw an EoTech in one of the Vegas shooter pics. :shocked:

Man in the middle of a messy divorce is sitting at a bar. AFter many drinks he stand and yells “All lawyers are assholes”.

A guy further down the bar stand and yells back “he fellow I resent that remark”.

First guy says “why are you are lawyer”?

Second guy says “no I am an asshole”

No offense H heavyd !
two kids are taking a shortcut thru the grave yard. they notice a head stone,new and grand. the first kid reads the epitaph..." in this hallowed ground lies a lawyer and a good man"... the second kid says "wow, i did not know you could put two people in the same hole..."

Back
Top Bottom