• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Spwan Has Started

Caught another BIG cat tonight and she was full of eggs , the spawn is on !!
Your catching pre-spawn fish. They eat like crazy before they lay their eggs. The spawn is a few weeks away yet. Once they go on bed or get ready to lay their eggs you won’t catch anymore females until after their done.

Lanier is 5" from full pool I put my minnow trap out today and caught some bait minnows , placed a few on some catfish lines and baited the HOMADE catfish trap . Life is GOOD caught my first catfish on a minnow and cant wait to see what the trap brings in !! Photos next time I promise .
Does any one eat the fish eggs?

We eat sturgeon eggs from lake Winnebago in WI. I get up around there and in the winter they have a short season where we spear the sturgeon through the ice.

Any sign the White Bass have started their run?

What river system? We've been catching them at West Point for a little over a month. The best of our white bass fishing is really past at this point. Lot more hybrids at this point with a few whites mixed in.

The dogwood deal may hold true for some places, but water temps are your main driver (along with a couple other things). You get an extended period of low 50's water in February and you better be on the river.

What river system? We've been catching them at West Point for a little over a month. The best of our white bass fishing is really past at this point. Lot more hybrids at this point with a few whites mixed in.

The dogwood deal may hold true for some places, but water temps are your main driver (along with a couple other things). You get an extended period of low 50's water in February and you better be on the river.
Allatoona.

Back
Top Bottom