• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Syrup of the Poors!

I'm sorry could you repeat that. I lost focus after the word bacon. 😁
I remember that we always had bacon for breakfast. My late mom used to say that the meat portion would carry us to lunch and the fat portion was pure energy- and in a kid's metabolism that was true.

I remember that we always had bacon for breakfast. My late mom used to say that the meat portion would carry us to lunch and the fat portion was pure energy- and in a kid's metabolism that was true.
My Dad swore that if there was no meat on the table that it didn't count as a meal.

If your down south of Macon, Carols Sausage has one that’s good. Drizzle
Over Conecuh sausage and cheese grits and dig in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 3
Growing up my Grandmother would fix a good ole buttered biscuit and sprinkle sugar on it and pour Black Coffee over it in a saucer. That's called a soaky biscuit, and damn good too.
IDK why but now I want biscuits and red eye gravy and I ain't got no biscuits or country ham, only the black coffee.

Molasses, which is the byproduct of the sugar making process, really was the "Poor Mans Syrup" in my youth. However, when mixed with butter and poured into a biscuit or corn bread with a slice of streak o lean... we did not know we were poor :cool:
Yep. I grew up near Waffle House No. 1. We always had cane syrup because some of my father's employees always knew some one who knew some one.

We (kids) thought that was so country, and looked forward to going to the WH for "store bought" syrup. Love WH, but its syrup is the worse.

Back
Top Bottom