• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The tale of two mute krinks.

I copied and pasted this from another thread where I have insight.

The dead air PBS-1 is a low back pressure can and being so keeps the carrier speed somewhat manigable on MOST of the AK's running them but, be warned that the carrier on MOST AK hits the rear trunnion. It's simply just the way they were desigined and that's the reason for the long rear support rivet and two smaller rivets in the trunnion.

Here's a video of the AK in slow motion without dust cover. Notice the carrier striking the rear trunnion.

This is a problem when running high pressure cans like the Omega, Saker, Sandman Series and so on. The extra pressure from the can paired with the already over pressured /gassed AK is a recipe for disaster. It will absolutely beat the rear trunnion out of place.

Why is a AK over pressured you ask? It's desigined that way so that they will run in all adverse conditions.

And while I'm at it...

Why is the AK so loud when Suppressed? Again, it's desigined with loose tolerances to run in adverse conditions. This lets gasses escape from different areas throughout the rifle. On top of that, the gas tube is ported on some variants.

Why is the bore not concentric? Because the commies CHF process was not about precision, instead it was for production. They wanted to mass produce the AK as cheap as they could and as fast as they could. That's why they went to a stamped receiver from the original milled design. To cut cost and reduce steps for production.

These issues while running a can is the main reason why mfg are coming out with adjustable pistons and gas blocks. Until now we've had to Figure out ways to reduce carrier speed and chance the concentricity issue.
Aww hell....that's being soft on an AK :lol::lol:

Thanks buddy but no need to be jealous ;)... I've got more work coming your way and to top it off I'll be a super close neighbor here in a month or so. We can go shooting anytime.
Oh hell yeah. I've got an awesome place to shoot on a farm but we'll have to wait till after deer season now. My brother just bought 30 acres not far from my shop, said it already has a range on it.

Back
Top Bottom