• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The ultimate score! Russian Izhevsk SKS

chrislibby88

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
67   0
Reaction score
Found a friggen Izhevsk 1954 parts matching, minus the magazine, super light refurb, original hardwood stock, bright blueing, at a local pawn shop.

I was heading up to Atlanta to get a friend from the airport, and wound up with a few hours to kill, so I went through Warner Robins to put some money in the bank, and hopped on 75 from there. I remembered I had a buddy that works at I-75 Gun and Pawn in Byron, so figured I would swing in and check the place out. I see 3 SKS's on the wall. The Yugo caught my eye. As I'm checking it out I hear him say the word "russian" so I forget the dumb Yugo and grab it.

$375 out the door. Made my day.
20170301_162237.jpg
20170301_162227.jpg
20170301_162222.jpg

That IS a sweet find. Before we moved we lived off the next exit south of there. I went in that shop once or twice but it wasn't long after they opened and they didn't have much. Then I went in the upstairs part and it looked like the backroom of a Goodwill. They had **** up there they will probably never sell.

That IS a sweet find. Before we moved we lived off the next exit south of there. I went in that shop once or twice but it wasn't long after they opened and they didn't have much. Then I went in the upstairs part and it looked like the backroom of a Goodwill. They had **** up there they will probably never sell.

Always gotta look for the hidden gems. I went up there and it looked as you described. But they sold me almost 100 sockets, probably 40 of them were impacts, APEX brand, I even got a couple of Snap-Ons...for $35!

Back
Top Bottom