• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The wicked edge is for real... Wow.

RugerRob

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
92   0
Reaction score
Wicked edge came in. Newbie my first two knives... These were pre owned buys with edges were terrible. Bought them at great prices and now the edge is amazing.
Yes the wicked edge is expensive but it works amazing.

IMG_20171121_164432663.jpg
IMG_20171122_191513661.jpg
IMG_20171122_183854113.jpg
IMG_20171122_191429556.jpg
IMG_20171122_171736072.jpg
IMG_20171122_171508712.jpg

It's not cheap but 13 lbs shipping the construction and quality on this thing are crazy nice and it's easy to get amazing results.

To be honest you can prob be fine with a smaller setup with just 100-600 or go to the 800/1000 grit stones. Creates a toothy edge like the belt grind factory edge and is hair shaving sharp. Don't really need polished edges but they do look nice and are insanely sharp.

I had one, used it, but to be honest, I never could get the hang of it. They made it look easy-peezy at the Blade Show, and it probably is with practice. I've got the patience of a three year old, so I sold it off.

I had one, used it, but to be honest, I never could get the hang of it. They made it look easy-peezy at the Blade Show, and it probably is with practice. I've got the patience of a three year old, so I sold it off.

I fell right into it, so easy! Just make sure your alone get the table/chair height right, good lighting, some tunes and take your time, once your in the rythm good to go.

If the wife is around to distract you I'd say don't do it. My wife was nagging on me and I got up and turned around and barely touched the blade with my pinky and got a nice slicer paper cut... nothing deep but I can see how dangerous it can be.

She was out till 10 pm and I got off work early yesterday so got quality time in did the XM18, Reate Fallout 2.0 and two chipped up kitchen knives, all turned out amazing. It does take some patience and a method. I higly recommend the electronic angle finder cube. between each set of stones I check the angles again, check screws and joints to make sure everything is tight and does not come loose. Take off as LITTLE material as possible, check for the burr, and I highly recommend using the back of the book to record blade height/angle/and centering measurements so you can repeat sharpen/hone/strop if later if needed.

I watched lots of video's while waiting for it to arrive so i'm highly youtube trained ;)

1st photo, thumb bandaid. Everything was wrapped up and I was using a knife to cut tape and unbox everything and yes... I was like YOU'VE go to be kidding I haven't even finished opening the BOX and I've cut myself!?!?

Systems like this make sharpening easy. I’ve never been able to sharpen a knife worth a crap until I bought a KME system. The first time sharpening a knife takes a while but touch ups are super easy and you can keep your knife crazy sharp.

I bought my first expensive knife(for me) about six months ago and decided if I was going to carry an expensive knife it should always be sharp.

Systems like this make sharpening easy. I’ve never been able to sharpen a knife worth a crap until I bought a KME system. The first time sharpening a knife takes a while but touch ups are super easy and you can keep your knife crazy sharp.

I bought my first expensive knife(for me) about six months ago and decided if I was going to carry an expensive knife it should always be sharp.

I'm the same, started about 5 months ago. I've gotten some excellent deals on high end pre-owned knives and the two in the photo had micro chipped dull edges and needed light re profiling and I'm glad I went this route. These are the first two knives I've ever re profiled and I'm thrilled with how easy it was and the results.

I really considered a KME or Apex as the are alot less money and I think great choices and as with any system once you figure it out you'll get great results. I believe Apostle P on the internet is using a Apex and he does a sharpening service and shows off his work and he's pretty amazing.

Back
Top Bottom