• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The wicked edge is for real... Wow.

Yep, nothing wrong with the Lansky. The only reason I didn't go that route was I was concerned about the angle precision using the slot, also the rods from the photo's seemed a bit flimsy, and the plastic ends with the thumb screws into the plastic had me concerned.

I tend to break things I didn't want to go the route of buy a sharp maker, then a lansky, then not be happy and buy something else, the $$ adds up after awhile, so I decided just to spend the dang money and get the edge pro.

Shipping weight was $13 lbs and everything is SOLID heavy and has a quality precision feel to it. I think it was a good choice for me thats all. Buddy of mine uses a lansky and gets great results swears by it. Apex/Kme users getting good results too, all depends on the operator, some guys that have been doing it for years by hand can get amazing results.

Wicked edge came in. Newbie my first two knives... These were pre owned buys with edges that we're terrible. Bought them at great prices and now the edge is amazing.
Yes the wicked edge is expensive but it works amazing.

View attachment 1399172 View attachment 1399173 View attachment 1399174 View attachment 1399175 View attachment 1399176 View attachment 1399177
Is that the new style with the lever lock jaws and the micro adjusting guide rods. I'm thinking about updating. Mine is a few years old and the pins are constantly coming out of the guide rods. It still sharpens great, just a little annoying.

Is that the new style with the lever lock jaws and the micro adjusting guide rods. I'm thinking about updating. Mine is a few years old and the pins are constantly coming out of the guide rods. It still sharpens great, just a little annoying.

No the option with the lock jaws is expensive and doesn't come with as many stones, since I mainly bought it to do folding knives 3-4" I didn't see a need to spend that kinda money. The lockjaw upgard is freaking 290. I did do the micro adjustable ball joints though. Honestly this thing is a money pit. But you have to think were as an apex or kme only need one stone for each level of grit this one has to have two one for each side, so your doubling the number of stones needed... but you don't have to flip the night and everything is locked in from the start to finish.

Mine is the WE100 2017 Pro Pack 1, also bought extra 1200/1600 ceramic stones, electronic cube angle guage, micro adjustable ball joint pivots, 10x loupe, and cut proof gloves that I over course didn't use.

I got a smoking deal on the setup and with the extras I have $500 in everything.

Your talking about the knurled threaded locking pins that screw in on the pivot joints to keep them in place at the base. YES it is annoying and the one thing that bothers me. I was actually thinking about just a bit of teflon tape or blue lock tight in the threads to help keep them locked in. Also the reason I use the electronic angle gauge cube and constantly check. Also make sure the allen screws that hold the ball joints in are tight too I had one of those come lose and that will throw your angle off as well.

Maybe small lock washers or nylon lock washers? No the head doesn't make contact. Maybee rubber tubing just a bit longer so you have to compress it when you turn the knurled screw in to lock it down.

Your talking about the knurled threaded locking pins that screw in on the pivot joints to keep them in place at the base. YES it is annoying and the one thing that bothers me. I was actually thinking about just a bit of teflon tape or blue lock tight in the threads to help keep them locked in. Also the reason I use the electronic angle gauge cube and constantly check. Also make sure the allen screws that hold the ball joints in are tight too I had one of those come lose and that will throw your angle off as well.

Maybe small lock washers or nylon lock washers? No the head doesn't make contact. Maybee rubber tubing just a bit longer so you have to compress it when you turn the knurled screw in to lock it down.
Yep that is them, I don't have the micro's. That will be my next upgrade. I thought about doing the loctite. That mirror polish in the first pick is awsome.
20171123_101944.jpg

The mirror polish is nice, little time consuming, not very practical though to be honest. 600-1000 grit toothy edge is plenty razor sharp, looks good and is better suited to EDC honestly. I didn't go crazy and sharpen all my knifes, just the two that were pre owned with less than desirable edges that needed a reprofile. The rest of my knives are all still on a perfect factory edge which makes them more desirable should I decide to re-sell and upgrade to something else or whatever. No need to remove material from knives that are still razor sharp just to polish them...

Your kit has the old hinge style pivots, you may want to upgrade, I would get the micro adjustable ball joints. Allows for smaller range of adjustment between the degree holes if your using a digital angle guage you can get dead on the money both sides.

Back
Top Bottom