• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Wolfman is here

Clipped this from the another site.
I like the Raw Look.

The KeyMicro system will be released soon. Way before anyone has their paperwork back.

I'm pretty sure we'll change the recommended use on bolt actions to direct thread. I've done a lot of hard-core testing on this suppressor to simulate someone purposely abusing it and it fares very well. The blast baffle and subsequent baffles have much more material than the old Wolf-9SD.

Todd Magee
Dead Air EngineeringEngineering

Attachments

• 48189950512_5cb99d601f_b.jpg
    48189950512_5cb99d601f_b.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 37
This thread is gonna cost me money.:doh:

I know the Nomad is a different platform but I have heard one of those before.

If the Wolfman offers the same performance levels..well I need a 9mm can now.

I am going to guess that the NOMAD will still be quieter for .300, especially with the Ebrake, but I'll let you know. Definitely impressed with 9mm suppression of the Wolfman.
I used just 1/2 a wolf last year on my hunting .300 BLK in supersonic and was good to go, 1/2 a wolfman is a whole different level.

Since we're on a Dead Air roll here, I'd figure that I would chime in on an email that I had received today from Tasson N. at Dead Air Silencers. Just an update for those of you that might be interested.

1) Dead Air is currently redesigning the 3-lug to work with .45acp and 9mm. There's no specific ETA of when the new 3-lugs will be finished up... However, they're expecting before the end of the year 2019. If you look anywhere around the country for one of their 3 lug mounts... Well... Good luck!!! @sovietak474u was kind enough to hook me up with the last one in country. Nobody can get their hands on them anywhere it seems. Good lookin' out brother!

2) Dead Air will have an upgrade program in the future for current owners of the Wolf 9SD to convert over to Wolfman specs. No ETA at the current moment.

3) Yes... You can run .300 Subsonic loads out of the 9SD and Wolfman, despite Dead Airs website just listing 9mm and .300 Super. I was curious to see someone shoot some sub 300 loads out of this can despite it being a dedicated 9mm subgun can. If anyone decides to post a video... I'm in! Haven't found a video on the good Ole' Youtube on anyone shooting subs out of one yet.

Since we're on a Dead Air roll here, I'd figure that I would chime in on an email that I had received today from Tasson N. at Dead Air Silencers. Just an update for those of you that might be interested.

1) Dead Air is currently redesigning the 3-lug to work with .45acp and 9mm. There's no specific ETA of when the new 3-lugs will be finished up... However, they're expecting before the end of the year 2019. If you look anywhere around the country for one of their 3 lug mounts... Well... Good luck!!! @sovietak474u was kind enough to hook me up with the last one in country. Nobody can get their hands on them anywhere it seems. Good lookin' out brother!

2) Dead Air will have an upgrade program in the future for current owners of the Wolf 9SD to convert over to Wolfman specs. No ETA at the current moment.

3) Yes... You can run .300 Subsonic loads out of the 9SD and Wolfman, despite Dead Airs website just listing 9mm and .300 Super. I was curious to see someone shoot some sub 300 loads out of this can despite it being a dedicated 9mm subgun can. If anyone decides to post a video... I'm in! Haven't found a video on the good Ole' Youtube on anyone shooting subs out of one yet.
I have a three lug adapter, waiting on 3 lug mount that has shipped and should be here soon.
I've been shooting 300 black subs and super out of the Wolf for a while now and it works just fine so I don't expect any difference with the Wolfman. In fact there are people running the Wolfman with 5.56, which is why I believe the Wolfman direct thread adapter has a stop for longer tapers just so they can keep those who do put it on 5.56 at some distance from the blast baffle. My wolf and ghost do not have this stop. I do not plan on running 5.56 through mine but that should give you an idea on how well the can is supposedly constructed.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I have a three lug adapter, waiting on 3 lug mount that has shipped and should be here soon.
I've been shooting 300 black subs and super out of the Wolf for a while now and it works just fine so I don't expect any difference with the Wolfman. In fact there are people running the Wolfman with 5.56, which is why I believe the Wolfman direct thread adapter has a stop for longer tapers just so they can keep those who do put it on 5.56 at some distance from the blast baffle. My wolf and ghost do not have this stop. I do not plan on running 5.56 through mine but that should give you an idea on how well the can is supposedly constructed.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Thank you for the info Burdy Burdy . I'm glad you shared this info with me. I learn something new every time. Your always very informative and a great source of knowledge more than most and have a great deal of experience with the NFA community.

Back
Top Bottom