• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

the worst kind of hunter-shot 2 dogs because he wanted to

Nothing is native here if you just go back in time far eneough. I meant they were not brought here for human enjoyment. i don't have a dog in this fight ( get it ), but just hate to hear about someone's pet being shot for fun. Was dove hunting in Albany once and shot a two foot tall antnest, that was pretty cool. Everyone decides what is right for themselves unless the game warden is there, then he decides.
ant killer, all those poor little ants. what will all the uncles do???? shame,shame.
you killed them for fun.. horrible person, bo hoo hillary lost.....
funny how life is respected and ignored by what it is.. you will smash a fly with a fly swatter. it was made for the purpose of killing a creature. but you would never use a mouse swatter. i guess the volume of blood and guts makes the difference.
you can squirrel hunt, but my bro in law had a pet one. nicer than a lot of dogs, sweeter as well. cuddly and cute, with its little hands.... but its ok to kill them. we had a pet deer as a kid, sweet and much nicer than most goats, but you can kill them. heck we had a pet lion, got him as a rescue from a roadside zoo. he was not so cuddly, but people hunt them. i have an uncle in Alaska who got a bear cub. i never got to meet it, but the pics made it look like a nice pet. people hunt wolves, we had a wolf and had half wolf half German Shepard for a long tie. the wolf was probably the most loyal of all the dogs we had..
its just perspective.

So the dog has to be a threat to you before you shoot it?? I don't understand I thought it was ok to shoot them just because they weren't in a fence.
generally a loose dog is a threat. if you read back over the umpteen pages, you will see.
no one wants to kill dogs, but farm people understand a loose dog is a threat. its better to remove a predator before it takes its prey. especially if that prey is your livestock..
bottom line, you dogs run loose, you risk their lives. you break into a house, you risk your lives. BLM and DLM are the same. dat dawg dindonuffin.......yet.

Interfering with a LEGAL hunt in Ga comes under the "damage or destruction" parts of what you cited

No, a game animal is NOT your property until you kill it (legally). Wild animals do not belong to the owner of the land they live on. Even if the landowner puts out feed or crops for them.

generally a loose dog is a threat. if you read back over the umpteen pages, you will see.
no one wants to kill dogs, but farm people understand a loose dog is a threat. its better to remove a predator before it takes its prey. especially if that prey is your livestock..
bottom line, you dogs run loose, you risk their lives. you break into a house, you risk your lives. BLM and DLM are the same. dat dawg dindonuffin.......yet.
Bull****, I grew up in the country and still live in the country. All the farmers around here will only kill a dog if it is trying to kill livestock. If it's just trotting through the pasture , sure they'll run it off. With exception of a dog they know is feral , they may/may not kill it. I have 25 goats and wouldn't shoot a neighbor's dog unless it was attacking and I couldn't run it off.

You're just still pissed about your cat.

Bull****, I grew up in the country and still live in the country. All the farmers around here will only kill a dog if it is trying to kill livestock. If it's just trotting through the pasture , sure they'll run it off. With exception of a dog they know is feral , they may/may not kill it. I have 25 goats and wouldn't shoot a neighbor's dog unless it was attacking and I couldn't run it off.

You're just still pissed about your cat.
Thats how I see it.

Wild dogs are more abundant in rural areas. Most of the ones I have come across were mean, possibly rabid, possibly dangerous, and I will shoot them if I see them. They are as wild as any other wild animal. I shot one a few years ago in Marion County when it stepped out in the road, turned at me and started growling. It looked like a demon. LOL...There is a big difference in wild dogs and domesticated dogs. Shooting someone's pet because it messed up your hunt is going way too far, IMO.

We had a neighbor who had a big dumb yellow dog named Gus. I have been sitting in the stand more than once when Gus would come walking up, and then sit at the base of my tree and stare at me. He was a complete goofball, and useles, but a really sweet dog and completely harmless. I never considered shooting him. It would be like shooting a stuffed animal. Although there was a time or two when it was frustrating to hear him coming, thinking he was a deer, and nope....Just Gus.

You can read the comments in this thread for yourself. It's quite evident who condones it.

And cows don't harass wildlife. In fact, at night, cows make it easier to hunt certain critters.
So the issue is it's OK to shoot obviously domestic animals if they harass wildlife? The story in OP says nothing about them harassing wildlife.
There is legal and there is illegal. Beyond that, there is opinion. I believe there's a saying about those.

Back
Top Bottom