• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Them NAA minis!

I heard the .17 HMR was dropped because of its tendency to have trouble stabilizing out of the short barrels. This was when .17HMR rounds weren’t as readily available in different configurations, and I didn’t hear anything about those issues in the longer barreled minis like the one Gadgetsrfun Gadgetsrfun has. Which by the way I might have missed it but have you shot that dang thing yet?
I'm haggling some with a guy now outside ODT for mini master 17hmr with 4" bbl. He firm @ 450 and I'm still waffling...book value per couple dealer calls i made is 3 hundert...offered up to 375 so far and no dice. Anywho- read some online forums and several posts where Some of the 17hmr's had issues with fired ammo case backing out of the cylinder some and causing it to jam- cylinder wldnt turn and hammer wldnt go back down either...that wld suck bc surely you cldnt ship it in for repair either @ that point

I'm haggling some with a guy now outside ODT for mini master 17hmr with 4" bbl. He firm @ 450 and I'm still waffling...book value per couple dealer calls i made is 3 hundert...offered up to 375 so far and no dice. Anywho- read some online forums and several posts where Some of the 17hmr's had issues with fired ammo case backing out of the cylinder some and causing it to jam- cylinder wldnt turn and hammer wldnt go back down either...that wld suck bc surely you cldnt ship it in for repair either @ that point
I heard of the jam issue as well and was told that if you ship it back to NAA they will make it "work" right.. It is my understanding that Hornady CD and CCI work perfectly.. No tumble either.. IMHO the 375 price is fair and anything much higher than that is "taking the fun out of it".. Just me though

I heard of the jam issue as well and was told that if you ship it back to NAA they will make it "work" right.. It is my understanding that Hornady CD and CCI work perfectly.. No tumble either.. IMHO the 375 price is fair and anything much higher than that is "taking the fun out of it".. Just me though
Agreed...don't think I'll go north of my latest 375 offer. On the jamming and shipping in...couple guys wrote that NAA supposedly wldnt return their 17hmrs guess due to safety concerns and instead shipped them back 22lr and or 22mag versions. Who know if true but if was indeed safety concern wld think the manuf cld indeed make the call not to return the gun?

Deal pending. Trading one of my High Standard Sentinals for her.
0124180935.jpg
0124180934.jpg

Back
Top Bottom