• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

There she blows!

GlockDawg

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Assault Wookie
29   0
Reaction score
Hunted yesterday morning on Allatoona WMA and this doe and her fawn walked right in behind me at about 8:30. I was sitting in my hammock chair against a huge maple that easily concealed me. I was able to get out, grab the xbow and kneel down without being seen. When I leaned out to get a good look, mama was 20ft in front of me with an open unobstructed shot. Luckily the wind was in my favor.

She was probably 120lbs but I don't shoot does with fawns so I let her go. So I tried a few things to learn from the experience. I slowly came around the tree and met her face to face. She spotted me but didn't blow for about another minute. She moved about 40yards away and them came back to within 30ft of me and blew some more. By then I just wanted her to leave so I tried speaking deer. I must have said something she didn't like.

Great vid. There’s not much more in life I hate more than to get busted and blown at by a deer. Means I’m not as ninji like as I need to be. The younger me would have jumped out of that hammock chair and told her to ”BLOW IT OUT UR ASS!” Packed up and went home haha

I hung out there for another 2 hours to see if any bucks would show follwing her trail. I went down to the lake to fish and scout the bank and found some persimmons on the ground but they ain't ready yet. I have seen a decent 8pt out there last season. One can only hope.

I had more fun taking video of the deer around my shooting house last season than the actual hunting! I'm up high enough to see a good ways and they don't even know I'm there. Makes for a lot of fun! Great video, makes it worth the trip for sure!

Hunted yesterday morning on Allatoona WMA and this doe and her fawn walked right in behind me at about 8:30. I was sitting in my hammock chair against a huge maple that easily concealed me. I was able to get out, grab the xbow and kneel down without being seen. When I leaned out to get a good look, mama was 20ft in front of me with an open unobstructed shot. Luckily the wind was in my favor.

She was probably 120lbs but I don't shoot does with fawns so I let her go. So I tried a few things to learn from the experience. I slowly came around the tree and met her face to face. She spotted me but didn't blow for about another minute. She moved about 40yards away and them came back to within 30ft of me and blew some more. By then I just wanted her to leave so I tried speaking deer. I must have said something she didn't like.

Very Cool!:thumb:
I'm really glad this didn't end like the first minute in that Bambi movie... :thumb: :)

Yeah I think Bambi traumatized me. Although if she was alone, she just may be in my freezer. I really want a buck this year. I'm heading out again in a few hours for the evening hunt.​

Back
Top Bottom