• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

There she blows!

Don't always have to harvest an animal to have a great time in the woods............:thumb::thumb:
I always thank the Good LORD for giving me the ability to make it back out in the woods.
Me too, every day!
Nice, what did you film with? A phone?
I film with my phone, I'm in a shooting house so I can just ease it to the edge of the window when they aren't aware.....

Every times an adventure that's for sure. Just came back from the same spot and another small doe came up the valley from where I walked in 30 mins before. She walked right up and finally noticed me at about 20ft.

I kept my head down and used my hat to conceal my eyes and I think that kept her from blowing, I didn't even get a hoof stomp.

She walked around behind me to the spot where mama doe was on Tuesday munching on green acorns. About 5 mins later she came back around, looked at me again and walked out of sight.

I think my hammock chair gives me +10 ninji skills or something. I'm not sure how they aren't smelling me. This doe walked right into the cross wind too. Sadly no video this time, trying to mess with my phone with gloves on is a PITA.

Saw another one about 30mins later after some turkeys spooked it along the valley but not in my direction.

Getting this close to them at ground level sure has helped me learn to calm the **** down after spotting a deer. That adrenaline rush makes it so hard to contol your breathing! Shakey hands don't help either!

No spots on fawns and if they’re out front working point they’re old enough to survive without mama.
Choot it.
Shooting the mama will make them even more wary deer.

Back
Top Bottom