• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

There you go poverty pony lovers, anderson and its new rifles

So, related to the original post, just went through their listing for the comp model. On paper, seems "ok". Who knows how they designed the AGB (some are horrific and carbon lock/fail quickly) and assembled it. Rail look flimsy, safety looks like a typical screw together 90 degree you would toss, Schmid 2-stage is $60 and is meh, PRS lite is like $89-$99 on sale, so not a huge add, some folks don't like the adjustments on them either, so that may get tossed too. Non staked castle nut (why? it takes just seconds to do). Hogue grip is definitely an acquired taste, likely a toss item.
If it gets more folks into shooting, yay. I would consider it an assembled parts kit though. Definitely take it apart, check torque values, check for poor manufacturing defects, and reassemble correctly. I am also not confident in their low mass carrier either. Most folks do not know understand the gains/losses running them, so, to me, a standard carrier would have been more appropriate and left the AGB off and just gave folks a .0995 ported BBL and standard gas block (less to mess with. Less to cause issues, less failure points for a novice/entry shooter).

Sounds like this is something just to nail all the target key words for a comp gun, but it is an Anderson. YMMV as usual.
  • 18” barrel (1:8)
  • 15” MLOK handguard
  • ADJ gas block
  • Low mass carrier
  • Stallion muzzle break
  • PRS lite stock
  • Ambi selector
  • Hogue grip
  • Schmid Tool two-stage trigger
  • 30-round standard mag

I'd want to look over one before I called it junk. Takes about 2 minutes to check the vitals of an AR and no tools are required. Not horn tooting, but I check the gas block for a pin or a dimpled set screw, a staked castle nut, and a chrome lined bore on the carrier. If it has those 3, it has merit to be a decent gun, regardless of what name or marks are on the lower and upper. Ill admit, the lite-weight carrier has me concerned though.

With the lack of quality I've seen coming out lately, even the premium line guns are getting a hard look before I'd lay my money down.

I'd want to look over one before I called it junk. Takes about 2 minutes to check the vitals of an AR and no tools are required. Not horn tooting, but I check the gas block for a pin or a dimpled set screw, a staked castle nut, and a chrome lined bore on the carrier. If it has those 3, it has merit to be a decent gun, regardless of what name or marks are on the lower and upper. Ill admit, the lite-weight carrier has me concerned though.

With the lack of quality I've seen coming out lately, even the premium line guns are getting a hard look before I'd lay my money down.
Explain how you are going to check for a dimpled bbl for a set screws with no tools? If they are dimpled for both or all 2 or 3, not going to know based on screw set depth... How are you going to know torque values of anything with no tools? How can you check the chamber and bolt jive together without at least a field gage? Etc...

A visual once over only confirms minimal important aspects of a rifle. Hence, these are likely best assumed as assembled parts kits.

Here's a thought. With all the bull**** being talked on here about everyone else's **** besides their own, why don't we all get together and have a range/course day. That way we can all put an end to "ur piece of **** will never compare to my high end ****" and vise versa. Put ur money where ur mouth is kinda thing. I'll be the first in line with all my cheap pieces of ****. When and where? Who's in? ME!

Here's a thought. With all the bull**** being talked on here about everyone else's **** besides their own, why don't we all get together and have a range/course day. That way we can all put an end to "ur piece of **** will never compare to my high end ****" and vise versa. Put ur money where ur mouth is kinda thing. I'll be the first in line with all my cheap pieces of ****. When and where? Who's in? ME!
If everyone is willing to throw in a few bucks, bring their own ammo, and sign some waivers I would be happy to host this.

It won’t definitively prove much about who’s **** is going to break or fail them, but it would be fun to see everyone who says their **** will run great put their money where their mouth is with high round count courses of fire.

There are many Quantified Performance one and two day matches in Blakely GA throughout the year. $86 for a one day, $200 for a 2 day. One days, just bring 125 rounds or so. Double it for the 2-days. Tons of fun with a PRS/DMR gas gun match setting. Cabin's on site to stay. Access to 2,400 UKD range.

You get to see an array of talent from AMU top placing shooters to guys bringing their 14.5" out with an LPVO to see what it is about for the first time. Great way to learn a potential new shooting discipline and test your gear at distance (normally, 200-1,000 yard targets, although most matches stay in the 200-800 range), also a great way to see and mess with some rifles and optics you normally don't see too often.

If everyone is willing to throw in a few bucks, bring their own ammo, and sign some waivers I would be happy to host this.

It won’t definitively prove much about who’s **** is going to break or fail them, but it would be fun to see everyone who says their **** will run great put their money where their mouth is with high round count courses of fire.
Thank u sir! Count me in! I'll make the trip from mid GA for a day! Who else is in??

200w (1).gif

Back
Top Bottom