• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

There's a 2A case opening before the Supreme Court today...

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
Regarding NYC's lunacy and the gun control idiots suddenly don't want it heard.
Based on questions today from the SCOTUS liberal judges they REALLY don't want it heard. "Law was repealed. Nothing to see here. Move along." They know it will lead to sweeping elimination of several unconstitutional gun laws (well they all are, but...)
Oh PLEASE let this case be tried. PLEASE.

https://www.wzzm13.com/article/news...case/507-71cda297-dcc5-4e81-81c9-df565a58b384

Regarding NYC's lunacy and the gun control idiots suddenly don't want it heard.
Based on questions today from the SCOTUS liberal judges they REALLY don't want it heard. "Law was repealed. Nothing to see here. Move along." They know it will lead to sweeping elimination of several unconstitutional gun laws (well they all are, but...)
Oh PLEASE let this case be tried. PLEASE.

https://www.wzzm13.com/article/news...case/507-71cda297-dcc5-4e81-81c9-df565a58b384

What case? Hasn't NY already given NY gun owners everything they asked for? I sincerely doubt the Justices will allow it to proceed.

Hasn't NYC already changed its regulations to allow licensed gun owners to transport their weapons to locations outside New York's five boroughs? IIRC the state of NY has also enacted a law barring cities from imposing such restrictions in the future. The case was resolved, nothing for SCOTUS to hear or rule on.

NY is going to request this be dismissed so that they don't face scrutiny on other unconstitutional laws and SCOTUS will most likely acquiesce.

What case? Hasn't NY already given NY gun owners everything they asked for? I sincerely doubt the Justices will allow it to proceed.

Hasn't NYC already changed its regulations to allow licensed gun owners to transport their weapons to locations outside New York's five boroughs? IIRC the state of NY has also enacted a law barring cities from imposing the challenged restrictions in the future.
They are hearing opening arguments today/this morning. The answers to your questions are 'yes' but they know if this get ruled on, it will have sweeping ramifications for the rest of the unconstitutional laws in NYC and NY and other places. They don't want that. They took too big a bite at the apple and are scrambling to crawfish back. A few of the justices are pushing to have it heard.

They are hearing opening arguments today/this morning. The answers to your questions are 'yes' but they know if this get ruled on, it will have sweeping ramifications for the rest of the unconstitutional laws in NYC and NY and other places. They don't want that. They took too big a bite at the apple and are scrambling to crawfish back. A few of the justices are pushing to have it heard.
Agreed, this is why NY is pushing back.....I'm not saying it shouldn't be heard (it totally should), I am saying it won't.

Agreed, this is why NY is pushing back.....I'm not saying it shouldn't be heard (it totally should), I am saying it won't.
Heard a synopsis and Ginsburg and Sotomayor REALLY don't want it heard. Which of course means it should be.

Back
Top Bottom