• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

There's a dope house two doors down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I hear about these situations, I see it go a couple of ways. The neighbors take the crap and intimidation from the druggies and then complain when things get worse. When things get real bad, they cry, "Why won't the police do anything?".

or

They do like you and start collecting the information and feeding it to the police. I recommend that you begin widening your net. I had a similar problem. When the first contact did nothing, I included a courtesy copy to his boss. I continued this until, one of the included higher supervisors made the mistake of telling me to stop reporting the information to them. Then I took that letter, the one telling me to stop contacting them, and started sending it to my elected representatives. That was the one that got some attention.

I also made sure to harass the property management AND included the reports to them. They took action when I made a copy of the "prohibited activities/behavior" section of the lease and threatened to file suit for violating the lease for the abrogation of their assumed duties under the lease.

Keep at it. Do not lose hope. I understand your Mrs' concern, but that is why these cretins win. Everyone thinks they will be safe if they only ignore it.

Yeah I have a pretty Libertarian view on the drug war. I think tons of money and resources have been wasted on it. But the process of legalizing it gets complicated. I would be okay if it was all legal but only sold through licensed brick and mortar store fronts in the same part of town where the strip clubs and Jack shacks are. I'm as much against it being sold on my street then as I am now. So it would then be like a zoning and code enforcement issue.
Good example; Two streets behind me there's an asshole that has brought in a couple of roll offs and some chain link fence and opened a scrap metal bidness in his yard complete with advertising banners. Now if you were his neighbor wouldn't that have you at stroke level pissed off? ****in' Darien...

There is still criminal activity in the sale of beer. Some counties in GA are still "No alcohol sales before noon, or after 10:00 pm.
There is enough demand for folks wanting to purchase alcohol outside of these times that others have fridges in their basement selling beer after hours.
I know I have actually purchased beer from these "bootleggers" many years ago.
They make money, being unlicensed, and the licensed dealer has to comply with the law or lose their license.
Since the people are buying and selling anyways, why not make it legal for those with licenses to to sell it 24/7?
This would cease all criminal activity with the sale of alcohol, except the under age thing.

There is still criminal activity in the sale of beer. Some counties in GA are still "No alcohol sales before noon, or after 10:00 pm.
There is enough demand for folks wanting to purchase alcohol outside of these times that others have fridges in their basement selling beer after hours.
They make money, being unlicensed, and the licensed dealer has to comply with the law or lose their license.
Since the people are buying and selling anyways, why not make it legal for those with licenses to to sell it 24/7?
This would cease all criminal activity with the sale of alcohol, except the under age thing.

Eliminate the license altogether. Why restrict the sale of alcohol at all? It is, after-all, a 100% natural product.

Eliminate the license altogether. Why restrict the sale of alcohol at all? It is, after-all, a 100% natural product.

That's what ended prohibition. Licenses and taxes. Extortion from the corrupt US Government.
Usually complaints about needing more money, comes form those who waste the most.

Set up a sniper position and take random "pot shots" at the house and visiting cars with a suppressed weapon throughout the day. Tires, windows and dime bags are two points...

In the late 90s I was real tight with the guy that owned Byron Package Store right off I75. Real good guy. I was there a few Saturday nights when these old black women maybe three different ones would come in and always buy whatever beer was cheap in cases and 2 or 3 half gallons of Seagram's Gin. Seriously they bought enough beer that we always needed a hand truck to take it out to their cars. We both knew what they were doing. But nothing could be done about it. Since he couldn't open on Sunday back then ( and no other stores could sell alcohol) these old food stamp whores got to double their money every Sunday.. The town of Baxley still doesn't sell it on Sunday. But what's the point when you can just drive to Jesup and get it. And I never understood guys that KNEW they were gonna want cold beer on Sunday but didn't plan ahead on Saturday. That **** is still so engrained in my brain that I still make my Saturday evening beer run.

In the late 90s I was real tight with the guy that owned Byron Package Store right off I75. Real good guy. I was there a few Saturday nights when these old black women maybe three different ones would come in and always buy whatever beer was cheap in cases and 2 or 3 half gallons of Seagram's Gin. Seriously they bought enough beer that we always needed a hand truck to take it out to their cars. We both knew what they were doing. But nothing could be done about it. Since he couldn't open on Sunday back then ( and no other stores could sell alcohol) these old food stamp whores got to double their money every Sunday.. The town of Baxley still doesn't sell it on Sunday. But what's the point when you can just drive to Jesup and get it. And I never understood guys that KNEW they were gonna want cold beer on Sunday but didn't plan ahead on Saturday. That **** is still so engrained in my brain that I still make my Saturday evening beer run.

Stupid laws create criminals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom