• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thermal hog eradication 14 down

We're those hogs fenced in?? I've never seen hogs not vanish when engaged..?

They weren't fenced in. I'll try to explain the layout of the land though. The pasture used to be a rice field, so it's low. The pasture is bordered by a Levy that u can drive on on all sides. On the left side of the field from the viewers point of view is also the property line and a barbed wire fence. Behind the levy towards the back of the pasture is a creek, another levy and then another barbed wire fence. I kinda had them cornered in the southeast corner of the property.
Also, often when shooting the largest adult that's furthest away or closest to where u don't want them to run with a suppressor, the other hogs hear the sound of the bullet smacking the hog and run the opposite direction of the hit pig, which should have pushed them out into the pasture and did after my first shot. Then taking out the remaining adults confused the little ones because they normally just follow the leader and when the leader/s go down they don't know where to run. So after a while in the video I'm trying to shoot the ones on the left, then the ines on the right to kinda keep em funneled in front of me. Luck definitely played into that and I don't think those pigs have had much hunting pressure on them at night which also probably further confused them. And again the layout of the land helped too. Stars lined up for me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good video.
I'm surprised more of them didn't run, and stay running until they were out of range.
What's with this "run for 3 seconds, trot for 2 more, and then stop to look around" stuff?
Don't they know when people are shooting at you, RUN, balls-to-the-wall???

Haha check the price difference between the Reap-IR and the IR hunter MKII!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully aware of difference,happy with my ol white phosphorus LR.
20171009_115744.jpg

Back
Top Bottom