• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thermal Scope

Tylerls1

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
228   0
Reaction score
Ive been saving my pennies for a while and I have wanted a thermal scope for night hunting. Budget is around 3k. What should I get?

Ive been saving my pennies for a while and I have wanted a thermal scope for night hunting. Budget is around 3k. What should I get?
I would wait on the new pulsars to come out. YouTube them at 2019 shot show. Flir 536 is a great choice. Armasight was bought out by pulsar.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Burdy Burdy

Personally, I'd get quality NV
Thanks, ReservoirDawg10 ReservoirDawg10
I actually don't play in this price point much as most of the weapons mounted thermals I deal with start around $10k. I can say that when it comes to hunting I much prefer weapons mounted NV with a good IR illuminator and then use a cheaper handheld thermal for scanning/observation. It's always better to actually squeeze the trigger with an analog sight picture vs digital.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

What do you want to hunt, how (stationary or spot and stalk), and where (woods or open)?

Without knowing the answer to those questions, I'd suggest the Pulsar Trail XQ38. Check out ultimatenightvision.com or nightgoggles.com. It's got a good FOV, and it will allow you to hunt wooded areas or open spaces out to 200 yards. The newer Pulsars will be out later this summer. http://pulsarnv.com/thermion/?fbclid=IwAR2hCoZOA2ND8gST8_wmH7RMPMWxqp0ukMHF8WwNorjMl_ALk7-Lb5w2Ucc But for the one's in your price range, you'll have a more narrow FOV.

Back
Top Bottom