• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thermal Scope

Hogs, coyotes, and foxes are the man things we see, mostly stationary and move from time to time to different spots. I’ve looked at the pulsar trail so that may be a option

Fox are pretty straight forward. For yotes and pigs, FOV is king for my style of hunting which is generally up close action within 100 yards or less and fast moving. I have a friend who owns the XQ38, and I've tried it out a few times. It's a darn good scope in that price range.

Also I'd plan on getting a good tripod setup if you don't already have one.

Fox are pretty straight forward. For yotes and pigs, FOV is king for my style of hunting which is generally up close action within 100 yards or less and fast moving. I have a friend who owns the XQ38, and I've tried it out a few times. It's a darn good scope in that price range.

Also I'd plan on getting a good tripod setup if you don't already have one.
How big of a difference is the 384 vs 640 resolution

How big of a difference is the 384 vs 640 resolution

It's fairly significant, and you can find some comparison videos online. That being said for shorter hunting distances, a 384 will serve you just fine.

N-Vision is coming out with the Halo later this year. It's supposed to be very comparable to the Trijicon (same or similar core) as far as optical quality with an excellent warranty and is going to run somewhere around $1 - $1.5K less. It won't have all the bells and whistles like recording, PIP, Wi-Fi, etc., that the Pulsar has, but there's always a trade-off. All those features will eat away at battery life. If you were considering a 640 core and didn't care about all the bells and whistles, I'd seriously consider the Halo over a Pulsar.

But again for shorter hunting distances, you'll be happy with a 384.

It's fairly significant, and you can find some comparison videos online. That being said for shorter hunting distances, a 384 will serve you just fine.

N-Vision is coming out with the Halo later this year. It's supposed to be very comparable to the Trijicon (same or similar core) as far as optical quality with an excellent warranty and is going to run somewhere around $1 - $1.5K less. It won't have all the bells and whistles like recording, PIP, Wi-Fi, etc., that the Pulsar has, but there's always a trade-off. All those features will eat away at battery life. If you were considering a 640 core and didn't care about all the bells and whistles, I'd seriously consider the Halo over a Pulsar.

But again for shorter hunting distances, you'll be happy with a 384.
Cool thanks for the info

Stupidity is stupidity and only leftists tend to blame the inanimate object as opposed to the stupid person. And not kidding at all.
Can't say I disagree there which was basically the reason for my half-kidding.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Tylerls1 Tylerls1 if you want to spend a little more, I’d be willing to consider parting with my IR Patrol m300. It’s an awesome thermal and very versatile. You can hand hold it, helmet mount it, use it as a clip on (1x red dot/holographic only; not magnified optics) or run it as a stand alone sight. PM me if you’re interested. It’s been used and rattle canned, but works perfectly.

**The dots are light bulb reflections**

**The first thermal pic (iPhone clip) are about 10 deer in a field aprox 100 yds from me. The 2nd is my dog up close.

https://www.trijiconeo.com/products/ir-patrol/

47B203D3-BB58-4BFD-8D22-8C6F1A891DC7.jpeg
73BE48E8-795C-4C85-AA0C-FF857015BE5A.jpeg
A4A8FDD3-E80F-4F75-8490-91676DEA6A46.jpeg
D5A8C6AB-3B8D-4D68-A2D1-0F3BB1D366BF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom