• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thermal

Crochet556

Default rank <1500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
62   0
Reaction score
Anybody have experience with a thermal scope/handheld device? Kicking around the idea, mainly for hunting. A buddy reccomended AGM, which has an attractive price point, but have seen mixed reviews online. Specifically looking at the “Rattler.”

Any other recs?

Thanks ODT.

Not sure what you're hunting or at what range, but here's a few optics I've personally used. I'm no hunter but hope this helps:

ATN Thor series
ATN LT
ATN OPMOD
Sig Sauer ECHO3
AGM Python
Burris BTS 50
Mainly piggies, and occasionally yotes. Will look into those. Apparently the way to go is thermal monocular, and NV scope…

I use a mix of thermal and night vision. Love to scan with the thermal and take the shot with night scope.

I am using entry level thermal and Gen III NV.

If I had high dollar thermal like GoNoGo GoNoGo was talking about, different matter.

Even the thermal entry level lets me “see” animals I cannot pick out with NV in brush.

I have AGM Rattler 25. Got it specifically for hog hunting. First scope had POI shift while using digital zoom. Talked to AGM customer service and they replaced under warranty with brand new scope. Second scope have the same issue. 2” to the left and up at 50 yards. Still like it, for the money image quality is very good. Hopefully POI shift will gets resolved in the near future.

I have an AGM ASP Micro. AGM has the same thermo's that Leupold has, so it wouldn't surprise me if they make them for them. I found I had deer around the feeder and was spooking them when I walked in in the early AM. I got tired of seeing the time stamps on cams with deer walking away. It works well for what I use it for. I bought it from B&H Photo on sale. They have scopes and night vision, and it's all in stock. If you do go with them, and you get the advertised price, ask for a discount, be it veteran or whatever. The store owners are Jewish, so you can dicker with them believe it or not. My Father showed me how on our trips into Brooklyn when I was a lot younger.

Desperately waiting for the pulsar krypton fxg50 to be released in the states. Anything less just doesn't fit all the variables I want a thermal optic to fit. Apparently people in other countries can have it. But not me. Can be mounted onto front of scope, picatinny rail, or used as a handheld monocular with the attachment. 640x480. 2500yard detection.

I have AGM Rattler 25. Got it specifically for hog hunting. First scope had POI shift while using digital zoom. Talked to AGM customer service and they replaced under warranty with brand new scope. Second scope have the same issue. 2” to the left and up at 50 yards. Still like it, for the money image quality is very good. Hopefully POI shift will gets resolved in the near future.
We had a customer bring one out to the lease...we could never get it to range or anything..100 yard zero was on..but that's like having a bow in south texas

Desperately waiting for the pulsar krypton fxg50 to be released in the states. Anything less just doesn't fit all the variables I want a thermal optic to fit. Apparently people in other countries can have it. But not me. Can be mounted onto front of scope, picatinny rail, or used as a handheld monocular with the attachment. 640x480. 2500yard detection.

Oh hell. This thread made me go back and check. It has been released US it seems. Just backordered and unavailable to being unobtainium. Hope that changes soon.

Back
Top Bottom