• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

These smart TVs were apparently spying on their owners

Okay, I get the collection of viewing habits but how in the world did they get your demographic?

Pretty sure your viewing proportion of Blackish vs Duck Dynasty vs Downton Abbey vs UFC vs The View vs Nascar will help nail down your demographic.

They aren't watching you, they are tracking what you watch. Big difference. Netflix, Amazon, Direct TV, etc all track what you watch so I'm not really sure what the difference is?
Since they have camera's built into Desk tops, of which mine is taped off..It would not be a far stretch, to believe they are built into the TV.

My wife says no ****ing way on smart tvs in the house. It's expected and known that this can occur with all devices hooked to the web.
Most decent new TVs are "smart" now. That doesn't mean you have to connect them to your home network....

Most decent new TVs are "smart" now. That doesn't mean you have to connect them to your home network....

I mentioned that, but it could access neighbors unsecured wifi networks. TV/cable sucks anyways, it's mostly for the wife and kids. Less TV the better!!!

I refuse to buy a smart TV, but I'm sure they will soon make all non-smart TVs obsolete and that'll be all that's left. Guess my house won't have a TV then.

Back
Top Bottom