• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

These Young Men Give Me Hope . . .

Makes me proud and I don’t even know the boys. Reminds me of my grandfather who was in France August 44 who would put out the flag every morning and bring her in every evening and would ask me to help. He always told me to stand up straight chin up and walk proud to be on this land many men have fought and died to preserve.

A few of us are trying to instill the ways...so that subsequent generations understand the Constitution...and the Bill of Rights!

And I guarantee ya there's a lot more from where they came from!

IMG_0329.JPG
IMG_0330.JPG

According to the article, it was the custodian (a 20 yr. USAF vet), not a teacher, who taught the boys to respect and properly fold the flag. That man is a true patriot!

One of my proudest accomplishment in elementary school was being selected in the 5th grade as one of the 3 students who raised the flag while the Pledge was being said and lowered and folded it every afternoon when school ended. Tiny little school in extreme rural NC. The entire school (students, teachers, staff) gathered out front each morning and afternoon for the flag ceremony.

Back
Top Bottom