• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

They changed the 4473s again.

I’m also waiting for my visit….

Purchased 2 AR Lowers and a Dagger frame in one transaction, then another 2 dagger frames and an AR-10 Lower in another transaction a few weeks later.

I’d love to honestly just chat with them. Ask em how things are going. How they got those guys from Howard’s Robbery….
That was an observant manager and good follow up on the tip from same.

You don't have a dog, do you?
I know this is completely off topic but....I heard Kemp on the news this morning talking about some new law that gives a mandatory 10 year sentence to anyone who kills a LE or rescue K9. 10 years, mandatory, for shooting a dog? Yet, LE shoots "civilian" dogs with impunity?

I had a customer who is a member here recently get a visit from two ATF agents with a list of all the handguns he had bought recently and none of them had been traced through me so all we can figure was that they got them from a list of multiple handgun sales reports.

I'm waiting on my visit. In March, I won 3 rifles and a revolver at a Whitetails Unlimited Banquet. All on one 4473.
It could have ten firearms on one 4473 and it still doesn't get sent to ATF unless there was more than one hand gun and then only the hand guns get reported.

Biden issued executive action on guns, now the agencies involved have to show some kind of stats showing they are stepping up compliance and enforcement. Federal agencies are very predictable in that regard. Its all about the stat game next quarter.

If there are more visits triggered by multiple purchases it may have something to do with this little subsection in the Executive Order from March.

Sec. 3. Additional Agency Actions to Reduce Gun Violence. (a) The Attorney General shall develop and implement a plan to:

(i) clarify the definition of who is engaged in the business of dealing in firearms, and thus required to become Federal firearms licensees (FFLs), in order to increase compliance with the Federal background check requirement for firearm sales, including by considering a rulemaking, as appropriate and consistent with applicable law;

And people wonder why some don't want to fool with filling out a form when they want to buy something. Thankfully we still have the ability to trade and sell to each other in this state...for now anyway.

Back
Top Bottom